Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake (report)

[font "Times New Roman"][size 4][black]What an awesome day![/black][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 4][black]Met Bodine11 and his son Todd at the marina at 7 a.m. Not having ever met one another in person before, you could feel the un-easiness at first. But I have to tell ya Jeff and Todd are top notch people and we all hit it off in no time at all. Thank you again guys for a great day, will have to do it again. Bye the way, very nice boat and awesome truck.
[black][size 3][/size][/black][/black][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 4][black]Now for the report…. We launched the boat and headed directly for the East shore. The three of us got to know one another with some conversation during the very comfortable ride over. Jeff briefed us of his plan and we started rigging up. We trolled the East side in many locations using downriggers and rappalas. Water temp was 58 degrees and we marked fish at various depths. I believe we had 8 or 9 before 10 a.m. Jeff had just finished releasing a Mack and suggested that we head over to Guss Rich point and drift while having lunch. Man that boat of his is a nice ride. After a quick sandwich and a few laughs we dropped lines and started trolling again. Yup you guessed it Mack time again!! We boated 6 or 7 more for a day total of 15.[/black][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 4][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 4][black]All fish were released for another day and the totals break down as follows:[/black][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 4][black]Jeff (Bodine11) 6 Mack’s, largest going 8lbs[/black][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 4][black]Pat (Fish1on) 1 Cutt, 4 Mack’s, largest going 6lbs[/black][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 4][black]Todd (??) 2 cutt’s, 2 Mack’s, largest going 8lbs, lost a monster though![/black][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 4][black]On a side note: Todd caught the most amazing Cutt, it started out around 1lb and as the day went on it became a 7lber?????? How the h#&& does that happen? LOL[/black][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 4][black]Now on the other side: You cannot catch fish unless there is a lure on the end of your line. Ya, I did that! I forgot to snap my swivel shut and I was trolling absolutely nothing for some time! But I did learn to use downriggers (thanks guys) I think that I like this method of fishing![/black][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 4][black]All in all my best day fishing on the big blue pond. Jeff and Todd are very funny people and we had a great day. Jeff has done his time on this lake and it shows. You guy’s really do know what you are doing! [/black][/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]"Great Report" Wow pat, I know there is no such thing as to much fun, but it sounds like you guy's were pegging the needle in the [#ff0000]red. [/#ff0000][#0000ff]Nice pics too; Congrats on such a successfull day, just wish'n I'd a been on board too. [Smile][/#0000ff][/size][/blue][/font]
[signature]
Great report and nice pics Pat.

It would be goodto hit the bear with someone who knows the water like Bodine does. Can't wait to get up there in a couple weeks.
[signature]
Great report Pat. Wish I knew how to catch a few up there trolling. I have tried a few times, but with no luck.
[signature]
Must have fat fingered something and accidently deleted the body of my post????

Not realy sure what happened just did a copy paste from word and found it all screwed up. then yet another copy paste and it was gone.

I did delete a picture and add a different one during the mix of things but that should not have wiped out the text?????
[signature]
Great report Pat, learning to troll at Bear lake is just like learning to jig there, it's hard without a good teacher. It sounds like Jeff and his son were good teachers.
I've had the same problems at times when it comes to posting, losing a post can be very up setting. The best thing I have found is to close the browser and opening another, then pasting the message again.
[signature]
Just to let everyone know Pat is a great guy and fun to fish with. The silver barrel swivil lure didn't produce very well though.[laugh] Sorry Pat couldn't resit. Went fishing again Saturday with Mtnman and his son and he caught 3 mack 18 Lb, 14 Lb, and a 9 Lb, I caught two mack 16 Lb, and an 11 Lb. Not bad for size all but one caught in and hour and a half towards evenig. All fish were weighed on digital scales photo graphed and released. The cold front that moved in had them off the bite.

Bodine

PS: I'll post picks when I get my camera downloaded
[signature]
Just curious were you trolling or jiging.
[signature]
We were trolling with downriggers. Did not see the fish stacked up enough to jig. A couple of them had eggs so the spawn is not too far out in my opinion. Water temps could stand to be a little cooler though.
[signature]
sounds like an awsome day on the water.... and that boat is off the hook, nice boaT!!!!! i need to get up there more...
[signature]