Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scents for ice fishing
Do any of the fish scents on the market now work for ice fishing as well as they do in warm water? I know about WD-40, is there anything else that works well?

AFDan52
[signature]
Dan, I've had good luck with anchovy smelly jelly while ice fishing. And another brand, Mikes licorice scent. I would'nt leave without it.
[signature]
I carry several scents with me .Some Smelly jellies and Mikes super glow . The mikes super glow is a jel and I think it is a earthworm scent ( can't read it anymore ) , but it glows . I haven't seen the same stuff anymore at the stores but they carry a newer version , looks more like a liquid . My bottle is 6 years old and I still haven't used half of it . I have seen it make a difference one day . I was going to the Berry one day , but had to take my son to school first . My friends from work all beat me up there by about 2 hours . When I arrived no had a bite at all . So I told them all to reel up and put the mikes super glow on and we all had fish on in the next 5 minutes . I use it all most all the time except when I leave it a home . Bummer !! Tight lines
[signature]