Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Report 11-1-05
fished bear lake today with BLM, launched the boat about 7am forcast called for wind but we thought we would give it a try anyway, headed straight for the "old" rockpile found fish bunched up just like they where last friday on the edges fishing was slow about 9:30 i was able to hookup with a good mack and get him in the boat 9lb. took some pictures and send him back to the deep about 30 min later i hooked up on what i thought was a smaller mack 4ft off the bottom got it to the boat and found i had caught a sucker wasn't all bad guess we have bait now. all the fish had lock jaw and would only give us a little bump and if we weren't paying attention we would miss them, wind started to pick up about 11am so we ancored up and tryed for some cutts Blm was able to bring 1 cutt to the boat and i never even got a strike, wind died down about an hour later and we hit the pile again hopping to knock down somemore macks but with no luck wind again picked up so we headed for the marina ancored just out side and tried for cutts again. wind didnt look like it was going to let up so we decided to call it a day about 3:00pm. not a bad day. and good company
[signature]
Nice report Jason. Are you going to share the pic of the 9# mac with us? As tough as its been up there I would be satisfied with the fish you caught minus the sucker.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]The pic is on my camera but my USB card reader died! I'm going to try and get a new one tomorrow and hopefully post Petty's picture.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We talked to some other fishermen and they didn't do any better. It was a tough day of fishing. I had two hits on the pile and missed both of them.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Pictures as promised:[/size][/black][/font]
[center][inline Petty_Mack.JPG][/center] [center] [/center] [center]Petty and his 9-1/2 lb mack[/center] [center] [/center] [center][inline Petty_sucker.JPG][/center] [center] [/center] [center]Petty and his best catch of the day![/center]
[signature]
NIIIICE!

I had a good one on like that a couple week ago but it got away. After I lost it I droped to my knees and pout.
[signature]
Nice fish Jason, it looks like a male, how long was it?
[signature]
It sure is fun to catch a 9 lb fish even if you have to spend a half of day trying for it. I still have the picture of the 9 lb I catch last year, with Old Coot, hanging up in my office. I just hope that I can hook up with a few more later this month.

Congratulation Jason.
[signature]
Nice fish jason[cool].. Wish there were more posts like this![Wink]
[signature]
Getr DuN!
[signature]
Nice fish Petty!
[signature]
Nice fish Jason!!! BLM's Holding out on me,guiding me on to a fine piece of Rope! lol![Wink]
[signature]
NIce Mac Jason. I hope that when I go out with Stone this coming Friday, 11-11-05, Me or my daughter can get into some macs that nice.
[signature]