Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry report.
Went to the berry today. Should have gone to woodruff. We checked chicken creek first thing in the morning, there was no one on the ice, so we went over to mud creek because we knew it would be safe. Lots of guys on the ice, but no one was catching any fish. They kept coming, and coming, but still no body was doing much of anything. We moved, and moved, and moved some more. After it got to the point that I figured we were never going to catch a fish, I walked around the ice talking to the other fishermen. I walked clear out to where the ice was one inch thick and cracking with every step, but nobody was catching fish. So, I recruited some new BFT members, and packed it up and went back over to chicken creek. There was now a few guys out there, so we headed out and drilled some holes. Nothing, moved, moved again. I went on another jaunt and found out that the only people on the ice that had a fish were three guys who had been there all day. It was one small fish. We saw maybee six fish on the fish finder all day and couldnt get them to even think about our lures. We tried green, white, and yellow. All different depths, it was insane! Bar none the worst trip I have ever had on the berry. Usually if you arent catching them, you at least see more than just six fish on the screen. We tried to move to the fish, but they were no where to be found. What a tough day. Lets you know you are not as accomplished an angler as you think some days.
[crazy]glad to see that I am not the only one with the "No fish at the Berry" syndrome. Sounds like a tough day. Just remember, a bad day fishing is better than a good day working. Thats what I am doing this morning. No fishing for me today thanks to work.
[signature]
Same story here, went to the berry today, got to mud creek early, alot of people, very few fish. I hope maybe next week will be better. Very, Very, slow fishing and nothing on the finder even swimming by.
[signature]