Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview
I have a friend, who has a five-year-old son, that I want to take out on New Year's Day and catch some fish. I was thinking that the perch at Pineview might be a good possibility. Anyone have a recent ice report?

Kent
[signature]
I heard that the North side of cemetary point had some unsafe ice!!! Just an idea, but consider East Canyon Res. as an alternate choice, I have taken young children there and always done very well from the shore.
[signature]
east canyon is mostly iced up with unsafe ice. unless wind or warmer weather took it off in the last 2 days. there is a bit of open water still. but takes some walking to and i doubt a five year old would enjoy the walk in the rocks on the bank there.
[signature]

Go ahead and go to pineview. Ifyou feel the ice is not safe enough for you walk out on the docks and drill a hole. The perch are a little bigger this year. I've had a few people walk on the north side of cemetry point.
[signature]
Kent my cousin lives in Huntsville. I'll see him at work tommorow and mybe he will have a report.
[signature]
Just out of curiosity, did the water levels come up any at Pineview and is the road over the dam still closed????
[signature]
kent my cousin has not been down to the water but he said most of pineview has a thin layer of ice that does not look fishable. North of cemetery point or fishing off the dock is most likely your best bet.

The water level in pineview has beem coming up for about a month.
[signature]