Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The skunk is gone!!!!
With some advice from Old_coot and BLM I finally got rid of that dang lake trout skunk! Thanks a lot guys!! It wasn't the biggest fish in the lake but i'm guessing it was around 5 pounds. The pictures aren't the best. I had a rookie photographer.
All in all the day was pretty slow. I only saw 3 other fish caught. Some guy out by me caught 2 ( cutts I think) and BLM got a nice big ------- brown ...... (I can't repeat it, or I will get banned) JK BLM! If you look close in the picture you can see it but I was a little ways from him so there was no close up.

How did you guys do on the other side?? When we left about 12:30 we went over by the new piles and there were very few fish around them.

Hopefully I'll se you guys next week to give it another try.
[signature]
Congrats on getting your first Mac. Hopefully they will get bigger and more frequent for ya.
[signature]
glad to see you got one elk all i caught was a suckers and 3 cutts. polo got skunked and blm knocked down 4 macks from 8-11 lbs.
[signature]
It was good to see you today Travis, way to go on that first Mack. We ended the day with 6, caught in 3 locations.
Rock pile, Rich point and straight out from the marina.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]There is absolutely some great fishing on the east side right now. The cutthroat are on the bite and we even manage an 11 pound mack over there.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Ya, I couldn't believe I caught a carp on a 6" tube jig. He was pretty big too, about 10 lbs. As you can see by the pic, he didn't come in the boat! Nasty looking things![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"]
Dennis Flinn (a co-worker) and myself enjoyed a day of fishing Bear Lake too. First we tried the rock pile with no bites. So we spent most of the day on the East side and did quite well. All we had to do was to watch where BLM was anchored up at and then waight till the wind moved him away from his spot and then we just simply took up his old spot. Worked pretty good I might say.

We landed over a dozen fish. Only 2 macks (5 and 7 lbs) one white fish, and the rest cuts ... some big and some small. No trophies for the day but it was good fishing once we finaly got into them.

It was good meeting RILEYFISH and Elkaholic for the first time. We also seen and chatted with BLM, Petty4life, PoloKid, and tem WIPER.

Along about Tuesday or Wednesday, I will put up a post asking who all plans to join us for the Salsa Boyz party. Hopefully the macks will bite my lures better then. [/font][/size]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Pretty bad when a guy moves right in on your spot then he has the nerve to shame ya by catching all the fish. I couldn't take it any more so we left! LOL! Good to see you again, Coot! Don't mind the peanut gallery on my boat. You out fished them all![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I just want every one to know how much fun I've had going fishing with the Old Coot. He's taught me a lot about fishing from a boat and it's his fault I've got the bug for a second boat now, a fishing boat. I am also glad I’ve had a chance to meet all the good people on the lake. Thanks for the fun ![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Welcome to the site Dr.Flinn, I didn't get your name when we saw you with Ralph at Bear lake but it sounds like you guys had good luck on the East side. WH2
[signature]
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Well ... Well ... The doctor is in. Welcome aboard. But remember, you have no excuse to not post your reports now. You've got your wiper ... you've got your mack, now you need to get a musky. Get ahold of me in July and we'll git-r-done.[/black][/font][/size]
[signature]
Thanks for the welcome. My name is Dennis Flinn. Thanks for showing us where the fish were ! LOL
[signature]