Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 11-11-05
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We hit the lake on Friday at around 11:30 with Jim Stone and headed out for a great day of fishing. We went and trolled some spots in an attempt to hopefully pick up a few macs in Shallow on the end of the spawn. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]0, Nada. we gave it a heck of a try in a few diffrent spots but nothing. We did go down to the area around South Eden and anchored up to do a little jigging. We seen BLM and his boat and crew and Old coot and friend in his. Had a few good strikes but were unable to hook up on anything. [/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Even though we did not catch any fish, The day was a sucsess in my eyes do to the fact that I learned alot for the years to come and had a great day with my daughter, Cousin And Jim. Jim is a great guy and is more than happy and willing to make your trip with him a memorible one.[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I did get to meet old Coot and his fishing buddy. Thanks for hooking me up Ralph. I was unable to get on the water Saturday morning do to high winds. Talked with fish1on and talked about going out if the weather changed but it never slowed down enough to go out without the chance of it coming right back up again. [/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Are trip out was intended to learn about the lake and future fishing spots and if we caught any fish while doing that, then great for us. I plan on going out with Jim another time and catching some fish on another day. [/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]It was not my first trip off of Bear Lake with the skunk on me and I am sure not the last. Thats why they call it fishing and not catching![/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Better luck next time.[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]RILEYFISH[/size][/font]
[signature]
Too bad the catching wasn't better but as long as you enjoyed yourself thats what counts. Did you try the Rock pile? WH2
[signature]
wh2,
no we did not, I asked Jim about it but he said he seldom fishes there because there are so many people that do and that he has not had as much luck there as other places.

RF
[signature]
I was hoping to hear a report of the lake. Was not able to make it up this weekend. All I can tell you is that it will get better and all you need to do is to get out. At least now you have an idea of where to go and what to use.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Here's some info on last Friday on Bear Lake. Also Old Coot was up there and he caught a few too but never wrote a report.[/size][/black][/font]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=226509;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"][#333366][size 1]The skunk is gone!!!![/size][/#333366][/url][size 1] [/size]
[signature]
Rob sent me the pic of the mack you got. Nice one, very nice. What is the water temp up there? Trying to contemplate if i wanna try the pontoon up there this upcoming weekend or not.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I forgot my camera so we couldn't get any pictures. Rob just happened to use his phone. I saw it on my phone but don't know how to get it off. I've got a camera phone and never used it! Send me the pic through e-mail or post it up if you can. Thanks, Craig.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I will get rob to resend it to my phone then get it online. Stay tuned.
[signature]
Man the pic is tiny.

[Image: mack.jpg]
[signature]