Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey report.
Fished causey today. I dont get along well on that lake. I only saw two fish on the finder all day. There was a couple guys claiming to have caught two browns, but I figure they brought them along and pulled them out of the bucket when no one was looking. Hee Hee Haw. Good ice, lots of people. The entire dam was lined with cars and the ice was pretty well covered with fishermen. But like I say, I didnt physically lay eyes on a single fish. Mine or anyone elses.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I think you're lying. I think you caught a whole bucket full of fish and don't want us to go up there because you want the place all to yourself! Some guys......ssshhhh[/size][/font]
[signature]
Well, I was up there, too. From 8 till 11 and didn't get a bite. But 4 guys next to me were catching a bunch of Kokes on small jigs like RatFinkees and also a few splake. They had an AccuView camera that made it fun to watch as the Kokes schooled up and hit their stuff. We were all out toward the center point and down about 15 to 20 feet.

Maybe I'm not holding my mouth open right! [shocked]

I'm off to the Berry on Sat.[Wink][Wink]MrLipripper
[signature]
The fishing in my opinion at Causey has slowly declined over the last few years. I compare it my first year here in 99. Causey was my first ice fishing experience and I had a blast. Lots of trout on the end of my line, a make shift cooler/live well drilled in the ice to keep the beer cold and the fish froze and awesome mountain views with the occasional deer and moose cruising around.

Last year I went to Causey twice and was skunked both times. Coworkers have had the same results. I'm not sure I am even going up there this year.

I always seem to have my best luck in the middle fork almost straight across from the dam. We would start at the mouth and end up a mile or so back in the finger.
[signature]
Teroy,
It has been about a month since you had to leave your post at the BFT boards. Just wanted to let you know that you wher definatly missed by all here at the Boards. WELCOME BACK. Hope you had a good and safe time out in the Sacromento vally area. If you got the chance to exersize your angeling skills while you wher there, I and others are pataintly waiting for your reports!
[signature]