Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake / salsa party

[signature]
My computer is acting up and I keep loosing my pics and text when I try to edit.

Went to the salsa party today with FishingPro and Fishound. OldCoot could not of picked a better day. No wind and it never go too chilly.

The cutts where more active than the macs today, we caught 9 cutts and 1 mac. AFDan caught the big fish of the day catching and releasing a 13.5 pound mac,WAY TO GO DAN! Most everyone caught fish today some more than others.

I had a great time catcing fish, meeting other members and fishing with other members I have not seen for a while. What a great day to be on the water.
[signature]
You guys looked like you were having way to much fun and catchin' fish. Maybe next year I can get in on this Salsa shindig.

AfDan Congrats on the biggin' for the day... Way ta Gitr Dun!
[signature]
Great day on the water ! Most of the day was so nice, it would have been hard to ask for better weather.

Met up with fishnpro40 at 3:30 am and headed up to meet with MGB at 4:30 so we could continue on to BL and meet up with the rest of the folks. When we got there, the temp hovered in the teens and it was a bit brisk getting out on the water at first. But, as soon as the sun came up and we got out on the lake, it warmed up and became quite comfortable. The water was calm all day and hardly any wind to speak off.

We all had a great time fishing and catching with the occassional good conversation thrown in. It was good seeing the other BFTrs on the water, as it seemed for part of the day, we all ended up in the same vicinity on that very big lake. It was a hoot being ring side and seeing AFDan fight the big one he pulled in - Congrats AFDan on that nice 13.5 pounder !

One thing - although we all caught some nice fish and had a great time fishing and talking to the other folks, everyone on our boat got SKUNKED on the SALSA - we never saw ANY of THAT action.

OK, old coot what's up with that ?
[signature]
Sounds like a lot of fun. Congrats on the big fish AFDan!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Sounds like the fishing got better as the day wore on. Friday was just the opposite. Best real early and dead by noon. Wish I could of stuck around longer. Sounds like AFDan52 had the hot stick for macks yesterday. Seemed like he had 3 good macks within an hour or so. Me? I sucked and caught two measily cutthroat![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Glad to meet and hook up with old and new friends on BL. I was supposed to go with BearLakeFishGuy but his surgically repaired knee was not cooperating and decided to swell up and cause him grief. Hope you're doing better, Scott! Maybe next time.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"] Yes indeed, we all had a good time. I only caught 2 cuts and my partner SpiderWelder went home empty handed. But now he has a good excuse to try again next weekend.

Right off the bat, one of FishingWaters boys demonstrated how to loose an anchor by dropping it overboard without proper tie-off. So, just to make sure we had been properly taught, we promptly and successfully did the same thing! Un like FW who had a spare anchor, we found ourselves begging everyone to let us tie of to them the rest of the day.

For lunch we all hooked up at 2nd point to meat each other and have some laughs. SpiderWelder wasn't familiar with the famous habanaro pepper. But after eating one of Fishing Water's pickled ones, Spider definitely knows to keep his distance from habararos now! That beer just wasn't quite enough to cool it down! LOL!!

I brought some salsa to share with FishHound. But one taste of it and SpiderWelder and I had it slicked up long before we had a chance to share it. Oh well … next year.

Congrats to AFDan52 for getting his "Teen-Pounder" goal for the day. For about thirty minutes there, he couldn't keep fish off his line!

Here is a pic of Team-MGB:

[inline Team-MGB-400.jpg]

Here is a pic of Fishing Waters and sons:

[inline "Paul Waters 400.jpg"]

Here is BLM ... the "Lone Rider". Thanks for leting me tie off on you and use you for an anchor.

[inline Rich-400.jpg]

And the winner of the big boy:

[inline Dan-400.jpg][/font][/size]
[signature]
Did the Rangers give any tickets this year?

[signature]
I havn't seen any rangers out there doing their saftey inspections this year.

Hay Tom, where are your fall strawberry reports? I thought you where a die hard strawberry fall fisherman?
[signature]
I only fished Strawberry twice this fall. Gas prices have been killiing me.

[signature]
Quit whinning and start fishing....baby.

IFG
It sure was nice meeting all you guys. It was fun. We ended the day with 17. 14 cuts and 2 mack the largest being 5.5 lbs. Caught by Jack fish1ons son. Didn't catch any on the west side. We left around the same time mgb left just before dark.

bodine
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]It was great meeting and seeing all you guys, Mark & I anchored up over the rock pile for a short while, but he haden't fished up by second point, so we went up there hoping to find that sweet spot. We marked a fair amount of fish, & anchored up. but they were slow at best! after a while quite a few BFTer's came on in. Bodine 11 stoped first, had his son along with fish1on & fish1on jr. in there, Nice, Nice, Nice, Weld Craft ya got bodine11!! Soon the rest of the Salsa Boyz rolled in, Old Coot, Spider welder, AFDan52, Fishing waters, and MBG & gang. After some Hot pepers, lots of laughs, we worked our way back over to the rock pile, As sunset was nearing I landed a nice 18 incher. Cuts were tuff, but the Macks were tuffer to hook up with today. But all had a good [/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3][inline Salsa_Boyz_18in._Cutt.jpg][/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]time. The weather was good as it gets. [/size][/blue][/font]
[signature]
It was a good time. bye the way it was a custom weld, I had a weld craft before this one[Tongue] Are you going to be up this weekend? I plan on getting all the thanksgiving stuff out of the way then maybe hitting the pond again. I'll get ahold of fish1on then see what happens.

Bodine
[signature]
BLM,
I want to apologize for screwing up your plans at the last minute. After a favorable report from the doctor on Thursday, I went to the physical terroist on Friday where I got a hell of a workout. I still felt great so I then helped my wife hang Christmas lights on the house, did some other chores, and then got all my tackle and rods rigged and ready to go. Then about 5:30 on Friday my whole leg swells up. After one more visit back to the terroist, he suggested just lying down and ice for the weekend. No activity. So as I laid around moaping on Sat. I thought of everyone out fishing in the absolutely awesome weather. I even checked my calendar to make sure it was really Nov. 19th. Sounded like the catching wasn't too shabby either. Anyway, sorry again for bailing on you. By the way, leg swelling has went down considerably tonight (Sun.). I just need to learn to take it easier so I can get well enough to slaughter the whitefish in a few more weeks!
Scott
[signature]
BLFG ... if you want to practice and get your leg in shape before going for the white fish I can pick you up any day this week and hit the Bear. The seats are nicely padded in the [black]Joy Ride [/black][black]and you could put your leg up on the transom bench seat while you fish.[/black]

Don .. in Liberty.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000bf][size 3]Bodine 11: Hey Bro. it was great to hang with you and the gang yesterday. Some fishing machine your truck'n in, Its bad to the bone!! [/size][/#0000bf][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000bf][size 3] Yes: I'll defitnetly be on the lake next Friday & Saturday, I'll be in Coots boat, I'm having the gang stay at my cabin in B.L. West this Friday & Sat. I'll have myself, Coot, Mark, (his boy) Kyle, Spider Welder, and his dad. all hanging with me this Friday & Sat. 3 boats total, so look for us on the lake, slide on over, oh & bring fish1on & jr. too. Lets shake the macks up a tad. Hope to see ya!![/size][/#0000bf][/font]
[signature]
Don,
I really appreciate the offer, but I have to be at work this week. I have to get caught up on office work, etc. since I've been out for two weeks. Once the whitefish start running, I'm sure we'll hook up sometime.
[signature]
Durned work .... always getting in the way of the important things in life. Sounds like a plan.
[signature]