Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STRAWBERRY TODAY!

2 Hours fishing 7 fish. 4 cutts. 3 bows. I fished soldier creek side,4" ice over 25 feet deep. The cutts I cought Were near the bottom the bows were 15'down and about 10" long. The cutts varied in size alot 8",23",2 at 17. Chartreuse was the best color of whatta cricket and cought 2 on white. wax worms on both. Jigging made the difference on the cutts the bows didn't like the movement.
[signature]
did you take pictures?

you know you are allowed 2 different optional fish for the ice fishing derby here at [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=20098;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;"][size 1]Big Fish 2003 Ice Fishing Derby !!! [/size][/url]
[signature]

[laugh]
NO I didn't take any photos.
Pictures make it difficult to exaggerate!
[signature]
A man after my own heart!
[signature]

Fishgod
Sweet day of fishin.
Thanks for update looks like I need to hit lost creek,when you've caught as big of fish as I have size doesn't matter anymore!!! HA HA
I'm up for catching lots of fish
Did yo have to pay to fish it?
[signature]
You better check the 2003 proclamation. In the new proclamation Lost Creek Reservoir opens to year-round angling beginning January 1, 2003. The 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily closure remains in effect.

Kent
[signature]
lost creek is closed now. i wouldnt advertise that too much. its a state park and the access is controlled now. not like the old days.
[signature]
I think Kent is right, as of January 1, 03 Lost creek is open during the day but last year it was closed to ice fishing. Unless you are joking, you should not have been fishing it last winter. WH2
[signature]
WOULD THE ICE FISHING GOD BREAK THE LAW? NO! (at least not for 10" trout) TRUST ME GUYS, IT'S LEGAL TO FISH.
First I was the one who wrote the long post on Lost Creek. I am now registered as IceFishingGod. HFT turned me onto this site a couple of weeks ago and I was just checking for reports. After the lively discussion on the topic of Lost Creek I had to register. Second, it is legal to fish Lost Creek year round starting on the 1st. I even called the DWR to be sure. I would like to say hi to the fishermen on the site, I look forward to sharing tips with you thoughout the ice season. I only ice fish so I won't be any help when it gets warm. See you arourd the hard stuff.

IFG
well ive been wrong before. the fishing reports say closed the proc says nothing about being closed to ice fishing so......... glad to have ya aboard
[signature]
XMAN,

No harm no foul. Never believe the reports in the paper, they are written by writers, NOT fishermen. Even though fishermen are born liars, at least they are honest about it. If you check page 5 of the 2003 proc under highlights for 2003, it says LCR opens to year round fishing 1 Jan 03. Either I was the only one who saw that, or more likely the only one who cared. My son and I used to fish it years ago when it was open for ice fishing and always caught a lot and had fun. Sometimes size doesn't matter.

IFG

IFG
Glad to see you join us!!!
We have fun here,with lots of down to earth advice. I have to agree with you on the paper,3 t0 4 weeks late,wrong more than right.
[signature]
ya I have to agree,

if your going to tell woppers make sure that you print them on expencive paper so at least the paper it is written on is worth someting.[sly]
[signature]