Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devil Creek 11/24/05
Around noon I fished Devil Creek for less than an hour today. I had to leave early so I could get to Thanksgiving dinner on time. There was only a small patch of ice on the SW end of the reservoir that was about 30x40 yards. It was less than 1" thick were I checked it. There was also weeds and other debre frozen in the ice so I would be careful walking on the extreme SW corner even if it seems like there is a good 3-4" of clear ice. The surface water temp was 38-39 degrees. Unless the weather forcast chages I don't think anyone will be able to ice fish it for at least another week. Since I wasn't able to get on the ice and didn't come prepared to fish from the shore I fished off one of the docks found in the middle of the W shoreline. At least I could pretend I was ice fishing while I was jigging from the dock.[Wink] In the 45 minutes that I had to fish I had several very light bites. If I have time tomorrow I will attach some photos that I took from my phone.
[signature]
Unless your willing to drive I-15 in a blizzard I'm guessing you didn't make it to Devil Creek on Saturday.
Here's a picture that I took from the SW corner of the Dam on the 24th. It is hard to tell from the cell phone pic but the darker water in the bottom left corner is ice. Shouldn't be long before I'm walking on the ice. [Smile]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=13222]
[signature]
Hey BrianID
Have you had a chance to get back up to Devils and see if the ice has grown much. I would think that after 2 weeks it would have thickend up a bit and grown some. My only concern would be the recent warm spell we have had. I'm having withdrawals and I'm starting to put Boogers and Whatta Cricketts under my pillow at night. I need ice and I need it bad.
[signature]
I would be surprised if you couldn't ice fish Devil Creek today but I haven't heard any recent reports.
I was going to check it out last Friday but I let my wife talk me into hanging Christmas lights. I was going to go fish some of the Malad reservoirs Saturday but found a fresh lion track late Friday afternoon so I went lion hunting on Saturday instead. I'll be driving by Devil Creek on my way to Utah tomorrow. When I asked my wife if we could stop and fish she gave me a mean look.[pirate] For some reason she doesn't want drill some holes for me and stand on the ice in the wind while I try to catch a few fish??? I'll post a report on what I see from I-15 by Wednesday.
[signature]
Drove by Devil Creek around 11am today. There was a small opening in the ice in the middle of the reservoir just NE of the boat ramp. The ice in the small bay just NE of the dam looked like it may be unsafe. I also saw a guy pulling his sled on the ice just S of the boat ramp but there wasn't anyone fishing that I could see.
[signature]
Thanks for the Update. Sounds like it should be safe by the weekend.
[signature]