Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber
Hit the Weber today. Did alright. Caught 6 or 8, but one of them was a monster male brown. 26 inches with a nice hook jaw. Caught him on a size 20 ORS. Let him go to be caught another day.
[signature]
Rock on! Flycasting: proud member of the 20-20 club![Smile]
[signature]
Where on the Weber were you fishing? Are the browns still on the redds on the lower section or the upper section? I know that they are not on the middle section. They dropped the water right in the middle of the spawn. Which is another discussion. I would think that a little consideration could be made for the brown when managing the flows from the impoundments. I don't understand what hydrological difference it would have made to either decrease the flows that have been quite high through most of November a few weeks earlier or wait a couple of weeks to decrease them so the browns could have stable flows durring the spawn. Or better still split the difference so the total water volume would be the same but maintain stable flows. The irrigation season is long gone and we have all winter to make room in the impoundments for winter runnoff.
[signature]
I was fishing the Taggert area. The browns are still stacked up a little bit. The white fish are stacked up everywhere. I was also suprised to see the river so low. Not too many holes or riffles to fish.
[signature]