Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Birthday Present to me.......
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]I decided to treat myself to a trip to a fishing Trip to Bear Lake since it was my birthday today. We launched out of the marina a little after 7:30 am. The wind was blowing but not as bad as crestliner described from yesterday. The marina water temp was about 33 degrees but once out in open water the temp was 37 degrees. There were small rollers coming from the north but, again, nothing like crestliner experienced the day before. High cloud cover engulfed most of the lake.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]We fished out of the marina in 74 ft of water til about 1:00 pm. The fishing was consistent but not fast. The largest fish caught was a 6 lb mack by my friend, Royal. About 1:00 pm we headed south to Gus' point and anchored in 87 ft of water. The wind decided it was time to stop blowing and the sun decided to break through the clouds.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]We caught several fish. I lost a 10 lb class fish right at the boat but I got to feel the pull and fight so it was well worth it. About 4:00 pm. I had a good mark on the sonar about 10 ft off the bottom. I reeled up on it a BAM! It hit hard. When I set the hook, the pole just bent. You could tell it was a pretty good fish just from the hook set![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]I reeled down on him; keeping pressure on him all the while and BANG! I set the hook in him again. I don't know what you've been told but a tube jig normally sets in the roof of a fish's mouth and big macks have tough, boney mouth roofs. I wanted to make sure that hook was planted inside that big boy skull. He started to run and I'd take it back and he'd run again and I'd get it back. After about 10 to 15 minutes of runs and fightin' him back he finally decided he'd had enough and the last 10 ft to the boat weren't too bad til he saw the net. Back down he went. He ran for another 20 ft before I could turn his head; the pole went bendo and the drag was singing. I finally got him to the boat and the big boy was tuckered out. We netted him, weighed him, and took a few pictures. It took about ten minutes of reviving him before the big brute slowly swam of back to the depths of the lake. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]WOW! What a Birthday Present and here's a picture of my birthday fish![/size][/font] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: bl_1-2-03_14.jpg][/size][/font][/center]
[signature]
Happy Birthday BLM, real nice birthday fish. It sounds like he gave you a good fight, it sure is nice when the fish treat you good on your birthday. WH2 (Check out your PM)
[signature]
[size 4]You have to be the best mack jig fisherman I have ever met. You have definitley put in your time and earn every fish you catch. Too bad you are so old now. Soon you wont be able to turn the crank anymore. [sly] Happy birthday buddy. [/size]
[signature]
NICE fish BLM !! Happy Birthday !! Sorry about you getting old . I hope that doesn't happen to me .. HE HE I still crackin up from Predator !
[signature]
Hey...

I got ripped off on that last post, but I (RipNLips) think I'm back in business!

Happy B-Day again BLM! [Smile]
[signature]
nice blm way to rub it in my face. excellent bday trophy
[signature]
Nice fish again! Like I said in my post you are the man. Are you up for a trip tomorrow? Its my birthday today and a fish like that would be a great present even if it is a day late.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Dang Mack,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]If that don't make a guy want to bring the ole boat back out of winter storage, nothin will. Happy birthday BLM. A trip to Bear Lake is a great B-day present even without a trophy like that! Very, very, nice![/size][/font]
[signature]
Happy Birthday BLM!!!!

Glad the fishing was coopertive for ya!
[signature]
Happy belated birthday BLM. BTW how much did your birthday fish weigh?

Kent
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]It has a weight problem it is sensitive about so it asked me not to tell. The rush was the battle. It don't matter how much he weighed. This was a hard fightin' fish. He fought bigger than he really was and for that I salute him! (my "Gladiator" line)[/size][/font]
[signature]
Nice one! HAPPY B-DAY to you!!!
[signature]
Happy Birthday BLM great story and a nice fish what a great day you had! Now that old thing ......... you didn't look that old yesterday ...... what happened? I guess you'll be interested in the new crank assisting device for old men. Happy B-Day again .
[signature]