Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well He Did It
My little brother did it. He caught the brown he was after. Turns out it was 28 inches long and about 5 pounds. He pulled it from the weber in the croyden area yesterday after a 15 minute battle. The fish is back in the river to catch another day. It's great, but it was my fish too Smile. Now we are moving on to the others we missed in Wanship. Good luck all. Oh yea, he caught it on a single egg colored glo bug. As a tip all, red is not working at all for the big fish. They just ignore the red glo bugs but hammer the egg colored ones. Look at the local fly shop (I'm sure HFT has it) for egg colored glo bug yarn. Tie 'em up use a red pen to put on a dot and head to the Weber and hold on.

Katghoti
[signature]
Great report. Happy to see the fish is still swimming. Where at Wanship are you going to fish?
[signature]
Coming from coalville, I take the chicken spring Inn exit and turn right. My bother's boss' house is on that street. We go to the back of his lot and take the river path to the first foot bridge and fish.

katghoti
[signature]
How were the water levels?
[signature]
I have a feeling I've hooked into that guy a time or two, I've never been able to haul him in, way to go.
[signature]
Water levels are low and clear and the fish can be spooky. We are now chasing an est. 8 lb 36 incher up in wanship. Plus we are sure we saw one even larger up there that we might try for again.

Katghoti
[signature]