Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniels Ice Fishing
Hello to the good folks from Idaho.
Can anyone tell me when Daniels may have safe ice?
I would like to go there next Monday 12-12 if it will be safe. Thanks, Dale from Roy Utah.
[signature]
I heard that it was iced over last week. You shouldn't have any problems walking on the ice a week from today.
[signature]
Thanks BrianID. I will watch for other reports as it gets closer to Monday but I will make some tentative plans to fish there, Dale.
[signature]
My goal is to catch at least a 26"er out of there this year. Well, that and report anyone I see using anything other than an ARTIFICIAL FLY OR LURE.
[signature]
A great goal and a nice friendly reminder to boot.
I still plan to fish there on Monday, so if anyone has an update on the ice thickness, please post it. It's a long drive there just to find the ice too thin to walk on.
[signature]
Any ice reports yet? Thanks, Dale.
[signature]
I heard that it has been completely ice covered for more than a week. There is over 5" on Devil Creek today so I would put money on safe ice at Daniels.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT. It is good to see someone else posting from Pocatello. I hope you register a user name and come back often.
Here's a link.
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/community/community.cgi?do=user_signup"][Image: newuser.gif][/url][size 1] [/size]
It only costs a couple minutes of your time to register a username and the more people we have posting here the better BFT Idaho is.

You can get off at the first Downey exit (exit for going to Preston) and drive past Hawkins to get to Daniels but sometimes those roads are bad during the winter. You can also get off at Malad and head to the NW. I would recomend you bring a map with you because there are several forks that you might get lost on. It takes me a little over an hour to get to Daniels from Pocatello. If you have a cell phone take the CAP number with you so you can turn in those using bait illegally or keeping fish under 20". I can't believe how many meal worm and nightcrawler containers I saw on the shore of daniels when the ice was coming off this last spring.[unsure]

I hope you come back and post often.[Smile]
[signature]
BrianID, thanks for the help. We fished Daniels today and had a blast. All fish were under 20" and easy to release on the barbless hooks.
TEMPS WERE AT 0* AT DAYLIGHT BUT WAS WARM AND SUNNY LATER IN THE DAY.
Only one other angler over by the dam. We were west of the ramp.
Thanks again for your help,Dale.
[signature]
How thick was the ice up there?
[signature]
Ice is a solid 7" thick across from the ramp and outhouse.
[signature]