Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
big fish
Without a doubt - Carp ! A Catfish was the second best. Niether one broke the surface with a dramatic or gracefull leap, but, it was like being hooked to the back of someone's ski boat - while they were trying to shake me off. I was into the backing on both.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=229038;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]Link to one from this summer.

[/url]
[signature]
Hooked into a 24" cat up at Bountiful Ponds last summer (right after I made the comment that you can't catch catfish on a fly) Man was I wrong! He took a size 12 Haresear and bent my 6wt rod almost a full circle. I had no idea what I had till 10 minutes later when I finally got him to the surface. I was in a kickboat (pontoon) and he pulled me all over the place.
I could take a day of cats for sure, FUN!
[signature]
one word. carp.
[signature]
HFT a few years ago the fishing was pretty good for suckers down on the jordan. We used to walk along the river in spring. Since it was the drought they were not releasing any water out of Utah Lake. The river was remarkably clear. Anyway to make a long story short the suckers were spawning and the carp were right behind them.

So one day, I hit the river on lunch. I got a couple of suckers in the 4lb range. they both made a couple of runs into my backing.

In the future. I'd like to get a wiper and a striper.
[signature]
My son and I sometimes use fly rods at Willard. We have caught some real nice Wipers on white crystal buggers. They have to be the best fighting fish pound for pound, of any that I have ever caught!
[signature]
I was fishing in Alaska in 2005 for some King Salmon with my 5/6 weight flyrod when I hooked into one, I fought the fish for a coulple minutes but it then decided to take off, my pole was bent to the max and the fish striped into my backing so I just grabbed my line and popped my tippet, it is a good thing I was only using 15 pound test or I would have lost everything. Next time I will buy a bigger fly rod!
[signature]
My sister got her lip stuck on my fly once.
[signature]
Come on Steve. You'll have to do better than that if you want to stir the pot like the Heps.

[url "http://www.utahonthefly.com/...owthread.php?t=12652"]http://www.utahonthefly.com/...owthread.php?t=12652[/url]

Oh, how simple minds are so easily entertained.
[signature]
Foiled again! Damn.
[signature]
Dude your on a fishing board... you can't B.S. a bunch of B.S.ers.

I'm sure it is a renegade you are talking about.
[signature]
Slow day...bored.
[signature]
[reply]
Come on Steve. You'll have to do better than that if you want to stir the pot like the Heps.

[/reply]
Pot stirrer? Me? Give me one example...
[signature]
The Heps? Never in a million years[Wink]
[signature]
You've had your moments, but not too bad recently. Now Stewart on the other hand got himself stirred, or should I say flamed, into a ban.[Wink]
[signature]
That's funny flygoddess.

I was working at Hooked when I hooked a Cattie. I posted the fact on here. The next day a guy came into the shop saying that some dumb A** says he caught a catfish at wilard. It just so happens my co-worker was with me so he said. "That was Trent, I was with him when it happend"

That was a great day
[signature]