Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey Report 03/04
Jmig, Todd, Sully and I went to Causey instead of Echo today. We got 7 (5 Splake, 2 Bows) in 4 hours. Once again the IFG was the man with 3. Jmig was the the skunk master with (0). We fished the center arm, left side tword the dam in 32 ft of water. We did better than anyone we talked to, but the fishing was SLOW. Tried everything, pink head, chartuse metal flake body with meal worm caught 4 of 7. The camera showed fish but getting them to hit was something else. Movement seeemed to be everything, working the water column up and down was the ticket, reel up jig, reel jig, ect. The biggest fish was Sully's and it was a 1 pound bow. Go to Lost Creek if you feel the need to fish Causey. At least you"ll get lot's more fish.

IFG
[signature]
sounds like it went well to me.
[signature]
East canyon is close to Lost creek but it is a good distance from Causey. I have heard of a few brave people fishing East canyon but no good reports and the whole lake has not frozen so be very careful. WH2
[signature]
My mistake on the previous reply! OOPS!! But thank you for the info on East Canyon. I edited the reply but not in time I guess!
[signature]
You can call the marina for current ice conditions.
[signature]
ice just capped middle not safe outside edges may be slushy.
[signature]