Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEED CISCO!
A plea to all other Bear Lake Fisherman. It looks like I will be out of town during the Cisco run this year.[Sad] I am not sure what it would be like to go a whole fishing season without at least a small cache of Cisco. I know it is not legal to sell them. But if any one of you plan on hitting the Cisco run and don't mind saving some for me it would be very appreciated and I will make it worth your time. Boy I sound desperate don't I.

Thanks in advance,

Tightline
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]How long are you going to be gone? The cisco run should last two weeks once it gets hot and heavy. If it's like last year it will be tough to make limits. The eastside never kicked in because it was always rough and the only place a guy could successfully dipnet was the state park marina if you could elbow your way in. Jigging on the rockpile in a boat and accidentally foul hooking an occasional cisco was the most productive method![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Just for information's sake, check your tackle box for oversized hooks. Here's an excerpt from the [font "Verdana"][#660000][size 4]2003 Utah Fishing Proclamation. [/size][/#660000]"A person may not use or possess hooks, single or multipoint, larger than 9/16 inch at the shortest distance, between the shank and the point of the hook from January 1 through February 15." [/font][font "Comic Sans MS"]I know some of my jigheads are oversized so I've put them away for a month and a half. I have a 9/16" diameter bar in my tackle box to easily check. Don't count on a tap tape measure to be close enough. If a 9/16" (.562")diameter passes the tip of the hook, you'll be donating to the DWR.[/font][/size][/font]
[signature]
[crazy][Tongue]THATS TOO BAD!! I WORK AT SYSCO IF THAT WILL HELP YOU MAYBE WE CAN ORDER YOU A SUPPLY OF FROZEN CISCO'S FOR YOUR STOCKPILE! SORRY, I HOPE AT LEAST YOU HAVE FUN WHILST YOU ARE OUT OF TOWN.

LATES,
[signature]
I guess we will just wait and see. I will be gone for 2 weeks leaving on the 21st. Maybe I will get lucky and it will start either early or late.

I have never heard of buying frozen Cisco. I thought that they were only in a few lakes and not fished for commercially anywhere.

Thanks for the help.

Tightline
[signature]
[size 1]"I have never heard of buying frozen Cisco. I thought that they were only in a few lakes and not fished for commercially anywhere."[/size]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]They aren't for sale; he's joking around. I vacuum pack mine in a foodsaver. We had a fish & Game officer check us last year and wanted to know where I had bought my cisco . I told him I vacuumed pack my own. He bought it(the story) but they watch for that kind of stuff. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You are leaving at the usual hottest time. That's not to say you may not get a shot at a few while you are around. As things get closer we'll see how things materialize. You may still be able to get some.
[/size][/font]
[signature]