Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Report 12-15-05
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]My neighbor (Mark) wanted to hit the Bear, and try to land his yet to be first fish. So we hit the marina by 6:00am and was off to the rock pile. After [#800000]sloooowly [/#800000][#0000ff]busten our way through the ice in the marina, "Guy's its starting to get thick".[/#0000ff][/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3] Going to the rock pile, the fog was set in, so once again, for me it was gps time, plus things still dark & fogy out.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3] After marking fish, we anchored up, I was per-rigged, so I droped in the tube, while Mark tied one up. By then I had my first Mack on!! The water was chopy, tuff at best to control any presention, Then it started to snow, wakes got higher, but fish on, we did. By 8:00 Mark was hooked up, He landed his very first fish ever, here at Bear Lake, It was a nice one too.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3][/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[inline Marks-1st-B.L.-fish.jpg]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Then both of us missed hook ups, my drag was to loose, Mark was busy watching me, & missed his own hook up. "Lessons Learned". Soon we both had caught whites. Mark was having a super day and it was fun to be a small part of his long lived awsome day. He was all Smiles. [/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3][/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[inline Marks-Big-Day.jpg]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Mark called me lator tonight, All fish are in the pan & cooking for a fresh fish dinner. Good on ya!! Glad we had such a hoot today. [/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3] [#800000]Water temp has droped to 36, ice was floating about the lake on the east side. Nothing solid yet, but its in the making.[/#800000][/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3] By the way, I let my Mack head back down to the deep, released unharmed. I can still feel: Hook set, Poll bend!! Ya got 'ta love it![/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[signature]
That's pretty cool that your friend could get into his first fish! Thanks for the ice update, I think the big bear will hibernate under an ice cap this winter!
[signature]
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"] You guys are quite the die-hards. You have probably earned the the distinction of being the last boat to launch at the state marina for the year.

Glad ya got into a few fish for your rewards.[/font][/size]
[signature]
NICE WORK!!! I LOVE ASSISTING PEOPLE ON FIRSTS. IT MAKES FOR SOME SWEET MEMMORIES. THANX FOR SHARING.
[signature]
I think there is probably 2-3 weeks more of launching if the weather holds like it is. Its not bitterly cold and its supposed to even warm up some next week, so with the deicers and regular fishing boat traffic I think we'll still have some good fishing ahead.
[signature]