Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey 12/15 report
-6 at 8:00 AM, the ice at the dam is between 5 & 6 inches. Dry roads, 8" of snow on the ground, just frost growing on the ice.

Between 8:00 and 11:00 I the fishing was pretty slow, I was able to catch 4 small splake, and 2 small kokes. I walked around a lot and drilled a lot of holes. the splake were right on the bottom in water less than 40' deep. Once in a while a larger single fish would cruise by at about 28'

Around 11:00 a large school of kokes came by and stuck around for about 45 minutes. I was having trouble hooking them so I only iced 17. The kokes this year are a little smaller than in years past. These were only 12" to 13" long and 3/4 of a pound. I used a pink rat finkee about 12" under a brass and green swedish pimple.

a great day for fishing.

fdg
[signature]
Thanks for the report FD. At least you caught some fish.
[signature]
Great report. Good to hear that the fishing was pretty good. Nice job on the kokes.
[signature]
Cowboy Up!
Sounds like you had a great time! We're hoping to go somewhere this weekend. Perhaps we'll hit Causey. I was just worried about ice safety up there, but it sounds good!
Fine report, F-D !
[signature]
Thanks for the report, our class should have fun saturday!!!
[signature]
ONLY 17!!! I haven't even hooked 17 in all my trips total. You rock! Thanks for the report and ice depth. I will also be hitting Causey soon.
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, Fish-Dog. Question: How many koke are you aloud to keep up there? Is it just 4 like trout, or what? Just curious and I don't have my proc handy right now.
[signature]
You are allowed 4 fish total, any combination of species, no size restrictions.
I generally cull the trout and keep 4 kokes, when possible.
[signature]
being the "fish snob" that i am everyone can read this post except for Out4trout.

WOW what a day got on the water this morning at 7:15am fishing was slow for awhile then the kokes came through wholy crap. blacked out my screen for better then an hour put close to 80 fish on the ice. have to leave about noon arm was sore from reeling in fish from the worst ice fishing lake ever.
[signature]
How big are the kokes this year?
[signature]