Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Report: "Sweet"
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]My neighbor (Mark) called late last night, He had a hanker'n to hit the Bear, So we hooked up at 5:00am and was on the pond by 6:15. The ramp was wet but plowed, and no chains were needed, A bit of a wind blowing, so the lake was clear of fog, no gps needed; but the water was plenty rough, tuff to jig, but it was still plenty dark out. I told Mark were going to hit the new rock piles first. He put a glow soft bait on, I had a glow tube on, and before my tube even hit the bottom, Mark had his first fish of the day hooked up.[/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3][/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[inline T.Hunter_Cutt.jpg]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]The first thing Mark said 'Skunk off' he put the cut in the live-well for the photo shoot when things got a bit brighter out. Shortly again Mark landed a tagged Cutt. This one was a dandy, 19 1/2" & 2 lbs 11 oz. (if I recall ). Then I had hooked up, man the new rock piles were hot this morning!![/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3] Around 11:00 we went to the old rock pile, and shortly I hooked up a nice Cutt.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[inline B.C._20inch_3lb_Cutt.jpg]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]My Cutt weighted in at 3 lbs 1 oz and 20" long. [Smile] Then Mark landed another, And I landed a nice white,back & forth we went landing fish most all day, [/size][/blue][/font]
[inline B.C._Cutt.jpg]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]We boated 14 total today, I think Mark landed 8 or 9, and I boated 5 or 6. I lost some hits, they were light strikes, almost like your jug tapping a rock. Pay-attention!![/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3] I even had to re-rig tubes half way through the days work out. We had one awsome time on the bear today. By 1:00 the water calmed down. and jigging presention was improved. By evening, we loaded the boat, and pulled up the ramp in 2x2 drive. Water temp at 45 ft. was 35 dgs. [sly] We had the lake to ourselfs all day, except at the end, one other boat braved the water, but dusk was setting in. What a fantastic, "Sweet" time we had on Big Blue today![/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[signature]
Great day!
Great catching!
Great pictures!

I am getting the urge to get my boat out again. Thought it was put away for the winter but mybe not.

How was the ice in the marina?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Hey MGB: The marina had no ice, it was clear sailing: [Smile] Yup, get your boat out, and take advantage of the heat wave.[/size][/blue][/font]
[signature]
Great report guys! Sounds like this little heat wave hit just in time to salvage a little boating action up on the bear. I was thinking she'd be capped by the new year, but it will be a little later with this warm spell. Congrats on having a good day.
[signature]
Way to go!!!! I hope the weather holds I'm going to take my boat out Monday and give it a whirl.

Bodine
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Ya, I was going to head out today for the Bear but the wind forecast doesn't look good. 15 mph sustained, 31 mph gusts. Hopefully next week will calm down a little and the fish will cooperate.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the report Terry, sounds like you guys found the same luck we enjoyed last week. I'm glad to here that the marina is open again, was there any ice you had to bust threw to get the boat on the water?
[signature]

glad you guys had a good day out there. I was hoping the marina wouldnt freeze so early in the year. Thanks for the report
[signature]
Hey BC, I tried to duplicate our success the following day. Too much wind as the boat would not even anchor. I could have trolled the waters from NW to SE with the anchor dragging just to keep the speed down. We'll have to try to go again on your next day off if the weather (wind, as snow or rain won't stop us) permits. Need to let my boy have a taste of that "sweet" success now that school is off for the week.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Congrats!! Trophy Hunter (Mark) on signing up here on the BFT board!! We'll be looking forward to reading some of your Posts, Oh corse I hope to be a part of your many success stories. [Wink] that you'll be posting. [#ff0000]"Welcome Aboard"[/#ff0000][/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3] Sorry to hear the wind was so bad on you guy's yesterday, I guess the fish gods was just way to good to us on Thursday. He He. T.H. my next day off is (X-Mas day) do I hear the "all-aboard" call? [sly][sly]. [/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Welcome aboard TH! With all the good tutoring you've been getting from Bait_Caster, you'll have to pay back with lots of reports. [/font][/size]
[signature]