Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Ceek Today
I hit Lost Creek today with my wife my son and his family.
We had a great day on solid ice and good weather.
Lots of smaller cutts iced with a few nice bows in the mix. The cuts are very thin but eager to bite.
The action was fast enough to keep 3 kids interested all day. A storm front came through in the afternoon and sent us packing for home. A great day with the family.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Where about on Lost Creek were ya fishing? What seemed to be working the best?
[signature]
We were below the upper parking lot and just past the first cove. We started out in 60' of water with very few marked fish. We moved in closer to the shore in under 30" of water and had fish moving through all day. White glow whatta crickets were by far the best jig tipped with either meal or wax worm. Most cuts were on the bottom with a few bows moving through in 15' of water. A little lite jiging would trigger a hit.
[signature]
AWESOME! How thick is the ice? I'm anxious to get my kids up there. It's nice to have somewhere a little closer to home!!! Also, what is the lake levels like right now? Still have to repel down to the lake and was there alot of snow? [unsure]
[signature]
Tell me about lost creek. I have never been there but would really like to get out tomorrow. My son is itching to try his new trout rod out and I have yet to set up the "Perch Palace" that Santa brought. I"m fine with it being the "Trout Tent" We'll see.
Tell me mostly about access. Is it steep every where or can I find a place to get on with a jet sled and ice shelter on top. I'll also have a 6 year old.
How thick was the ice? Was there slush? I hane to bring an extra set of boots, socks and pants for for the 6 year old for each 1/2 inch of slush. This along with the auger, tackle, heater and folding chairs makes for a load.
[signature]
We never measured the ice but a good guess would be a solid 4" and maybe 5". Plenty safe to walk out on. Edges are great.
To access Lost Creek, you will have to walk down the hill to the ice. From the parking lot you have several options. If you go straight down over by the dam, there is a flat landing at mid point. It makes for a great spot to rest at on the way back up. I had a 7 year old that ran up and down the hill with his older brother and sister. There were several ice huts on the ice and they didn't look like they had any problem getting up and down. It's a lot better than Causey. You may want to take the sled and then the ice shelter seperate from each other to be safe. It wont be too hard to do it.
There was no slush and the only water on the ice is where you drill your hole. Just watch for old ice holes. The kids keep forgetting to look for them and that is where they could get wet. A trace of snow made walking on the ice and up the hill a lot easier.
[signature]
Thanks for the reply and info. I think we'll give it a try. I can always leave the shelter in the truck if it looks like to much for me.

I hope hooked is open today. I need crickets.
[signature]
You know, Dale, those are the kinds of reports that keep this site going - definitive, no real rambling and informative. You share the pertinent information with some advice of your own.
Great job!
It's nice to know that Lost Creek is on again. I'm having shoulder surgery tomorrow and will be out of commission for a while but am going to go out on the ice for the first time later this month. My days off are just too overloaded lately but I'm going to hit the ice soon!!
[signature]