Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 1/8
Went up to lost creek but couldn't find it. Passed Echo and it looked all ice. Got to Rockport and there was a huge patch of open water on the NE side and the NW edges looked bad. Some areas had 15ft open water.
Ice again about 1/2 way between 1st and second rest rooms. Some fishers and safe ice to the edge at the 2nd. B eing it was 3 and there were already plenty of holes I left the auger in the truck.
1st holes, nothing. Moved deeper. Second drop, perch. Then another. Nothing next 30 min. Moved deeper. Moved north, south, in, back out.
Went home with 2 perch at 5 as the storm began to rage. Bad traffic and driving to mouth of parleys.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, sounds like a tough day. Did you get off the freeway at the Croydon exit to go to Lost creek? I don't know the exit number but it's between Henefer and Morgan. WH2
[signature]
Ya, in can be a real pain to find. I know I got lost my first time trying to find it.

Its the exit just past Devils Slide. Go under the overopass and just past the concrete factory (or whatever it is) the road forks, go left and stay along the mountains. The road is crappy and very narrow at some spots so watch for oncoming cars and trucks. its prolly a 20 min drive or farther once you get off the highway.
[signature]
Also- it's a little deceiving, your heading up this road, thinking your lost (no pun intended) and your thinking... "there is a lake up here?". It just doesn't look like a lake would appear. Stay on that road alot longer than you think, you will eventually see the dam and climb the hill up to it. Teroy explained where it is very well. Also, goto [url "http://maps.google.com"]http://maps.google.com[/url] and zoom into that area.
[signature]
The exit is 111. Then follow the directions that have been giving.
[signature]
I was at the Rock today . Any idea what depth you caught the perch at ? I struggled today with only landing 15 . Real light bite on the deeper perch .
[signature]
Only caught 15??? Your the man Randy, when most of us are hardly catching any, you catch a limit. A slow day for you means catching 15, I wish I had your success. How deep were you fishing?
[signature]
Hey Hellsangler69, Nice pictures. I have used a vexilar for years and really like it. I bought myself a marcum LX3 this year. It is a nice unit too. Me and a couple guys fished it Friday and kept 50 nice ones. We stayed in 40 to 45 feet of water and moved alot. Last year you could get over a ball and catch um for hours but this year you catch a couple and they are gone. Either they are gun shy from pressure or there aren`t as many. Can`t wait for more ice to get to virgin spots. Fish on
[signature]
I caught fish from 28' to 58' on Hali (tire weights) jigs , Genz Worm jigs and Neon Tiger jigs . Just keep moving around to find fish . I actually spent some time looking for trout but was hoping for my first brown thru the ice .
[signature]