Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon
Saturday was one of those perfect days. Good ice (no Slush) clear skys and big fish (at least for EC) Most fish were in the 16 to 17 inch size with one big toad at 18 3/4 and almost as wide. Caught all in 33 to 40 feet water with white boggers about 4 cranks up. Wind stated to pic up around 11 so we decided to pack it in. Before we could gather everything up we had people already in our holes. They had been watching us pull one after another up and kept asking what we were using. I gave them a couple of boggers and wished them luck. Ice was 8 inches and the edges were okay but a little thinner. When we left there was water on the edges but it was still safe.
[cool]
[signature]
nice report. were you fishing the south end or north.
[signature]
We were fishing the South end by Talyor Hollow. I did see two people fishing by the dam when we left. They bays are all caped but there is still alot of open water. We even saw some fishing the open areas.
[signature]
I went to the south end sunday and fished by the buoys,7" thick ice. fishing was fast in the beginning on chartreuse Whatta crickets and wax worms. Very nice sized Bows. We were over 20' of water and catching the fish 5 to 10 feet below the ice. It slowed down and I went to white crickets and boogers and started catching them again. About a foot and a half of the shore is soft ice so take a big step.
[signature]
Nice report Rob, sounds like a good morning on the ice. Were you tipping the boggers with any bait?
[signature]
We were tipping with wax worms or powerbait nibblets, but I think the biggest attractor was the banana smelly jelly. Other attactors were ineffective, but as soon as that banana hit the water, it was FISH ON no matter what we had it tiped with. Go figure, banana eating rainbows.
[signature]
Wow, banana smelly jelly(BSJ), I wonder what the guy was thinking who made BSJ. I'll have to give that stuff a try, how often do you use it and have it make the difference like it did on Saturday?
[signature]
Saturday was the first time i'd heard of BSJ. John was catching 3 to 1, so I asked what he was using that was different. he said the only thing different was BSJ. I tried it and WHOW. It really worked. It was his first time trying it also. Said he heard it from someone else so he picked up some Friday night. I picked up some Saturday night.
[signature]
Hey Halojm.....tell John he's a non fishin you-know-what.He'll fill in the blanks....he gets called that all the time.Sounds like we're gonna head up there again Friday.Gonna join us? I'm the sorry slug he was callin on the phone at work everytime you guys iced a fish.
[signature]
Curt, sounds like they did much better at EC than that day we went up there way back when! I think we came close to getting a bite that day, but I'm not sure.
[signature]
Yes Kent that was a tough day, I guess we should have tried banana smelly jelly.
[signature]
Back ten years ago, I used to do really well on banana smelly jelly on the berry.
[signature]
HFT - So are you stocking some of that Banama Stink? Sounds like the latest hot trend.
[signature]
Sorry I do not, it was popular 5 yrs ago then nobody bought it,so I quit stocking it. I used Ultra bite on my jigs it worked well. But truth be told it's East canyon, it doesn't matter if you put some special stink on your lure, the fishing was just hot up there.
[signature]
That's true. I use Mike's Lunker Lotion, especially the crawfish aroma. (?) Plus it lasts a long time; that stuff just won't come off!
So how is the finish-up sale going? I've been broke since I bought that power auger, so I haven't been in for a bit. Any special offers going?
Thanks James!
[signature]
It has started tapering off, The store will change hands in about 4 weeks. then the Sale will be off and Josh can run with it.
[signature]
Wow, that was quick. What are you going to do with all your spare time now? Are you still planning on doing your fishing classes?
[signature]
[Wink] Hey James,

Not to be nosey, But who is the new owner and is he going to be involved with bft for updates and such like you have? Is he already with bft?

If you don't mind, If you do thats fine to

RILEY
[signature]
Josh is mean and awnery,not! As for me I will go fishing for myself instead of buisness,should make it a lot funner! I doubt I will do any more classes, I will leave that up to Josh. I will consult him to assure he gets off to a good start.
[signature]
Dang! That's going to take some getting used to. I'll tell you what ...
[signature]