Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Laugh
Some of you may have already heard about this but I thought I would post it for those of you that haven't.
The cover photo on the 2006 Utah fishing proclamation shows an angler holding a fish from Henry's Lake.[blush]

Here's a link to a thread on Utah board that has more info.
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=236295"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=236295[/url]
[signature]
I posted that on the Utah site and suprisingly enough, alot of Utah'ns don't see what the big deal is. How pathetic is that. The editor didn't bother to read the text. The gentleman in the picture is welltodo Jack Parson and his grandson sent it in. In the the tribune they posted it and coined the phrase - liken it to skiing in Utah and put a picture of Colorado on the cover. I was born Idaho, but, live in Utah and my brother in-law lives in Pocatello and calls us Utards. How do you fight that now.
On the up side, maybe next year we'll have a Dolphin or something.
[signature]
My daughter, who lives in Salt Lake, called me and told me about the controversy and is sending me a copy of the regulations. Who knows, it might be collector's item!!!!!

I fished with Jack and his son-in-law last summer and we had a great day. I have some pix of the fish that we caught that day and I will see if that is one of them.

Who knows, maybe next year Idaho will run a picture of a carp caught in Utah on their regulations!!!!!

Have a good laugh and be kind to those of us who make mistakes!!!!

Bill
[signature]
CARP! No that's funny. Hey! Strawberry is putting out some big fish since the reg change. Which you guys might have to think about at "H". I caught 15 chub in a two hour trip last year from 12"-16". SCARY!
[signature]
I just saw the picture on the Utah regs and I may be mistaken, but it is not a picture of a cutthroat - it is a picture of a hybrid!!!!!!! Amazing what happens when things start going wrong!!!!

Bill
[signature]
The fish on the cover looks like a hybrid to me as well. The degree of hybridization might not be 50/50 but it doesn't looke like a pure cut. It still is a pretty fish.
[signature]