Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey 01-09-06
Went to Causey with two friends on 01/09/06. Sorry for the late post. We arrived at 0730 and found the temp to be a warm 3f. The storm the night before had put 6 inches of new snow on the ice. The ice was 6-10 inches thick. We tried a few spots with out a bite. Didn't even mark a fish. About 10am we found the small slimers. The three of us landed aprox. 60+ fish total by 1230. The biggist going about 14 inches. All were splake with one tiger. Did not locate any kokes. We left at 1330 and the temp was 24f.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Waterat, glad to hear you caught at least one that was over 10 inches. I was there Saturday with about the same results but I was really after the kokes. Some people are catching them but after three trips there I've yet to catch any of the silver bullets. WH2
[signature]
nice report Matt. i think im going to go to causey this weekend
[signature]
Good luck. Let me know if you locate the kokes. I tired but I think I would have done better with a lotto ticket.
[signature]
Causey was the only place I didnt mind getting skunked just because of the scenery.

Where were you fishing?? I always had the best luck way back in the middle finger that goes out opposite the dam.
[signature]
I finally located the fish on the north fork, north side shore, just around the corner from the big pile of rocks that hold back all the water.
[signature]