Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catching rocks at Bear lake
The rock catching at Bear lake was awesome today. We caught our limits and moved out to deeper water and tried for macks with out any luck. Here's a picture of one of the big rocks we caught. WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040][size 3]That's definitely a wall hanger for sure!!![/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Did you try cisco bonking? Any reports of cisco being caught?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]That's a great looking lure, but I thought they were for catching fish, not rocks. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hope you released it. You can keep snagged cisco but you must release everything else that is snagged.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Curt I dont think that was a legal catch. Looks foil hooked to me [Wink]
[signature]
That might just be a new record! Sorry the fish weren't a little more friendly.
[signature]
Oh yea, we did bonk a few cisco with our newly caught rocks but it was slow, only caught 6. Everyone else was catching a few also, even saw BLFG there. Hopefully they will move in a little thicker by this coming week. Here is a picture for those of you that have never caught a cisco.
[signature]
That looks like one of Tubdude lures is that right....

[signature]
Yes it is Cliff, I've been using them for years. They work great for catching rocks and cisco. I tried several colors yesterday, cisco seem to prefer a brown color, like a gold kastmaster. The ones I've had the best luck with look like small perch.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I'm working on a new model..."Hot Mama Cisco". Got the colors okay (including hot red lipstick) but having a heck of a time getting the big false eyelashes to stick. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
When you get the eyelash problem figured out let me know, sounds like it might be a hot ticket, LOL. Ira was using a gold kastmaster yesterday and caught a few nice cutts along with a lot of whites and a few cisco. Here is one of them, about three pounds.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]As most dedicated lure dunkers know, the fish can go for different colors on different days. There are a lot of factors that affect visibility and how fish see each wavelength of the color spectrum...and how they respond to it. Sometimes plain black will work better than the prettiest lure in your tackle box.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Last year I tried some new colors, in the larger size casting spoons. The rainbow trout pattern has proven pretty effective in several ponds. Here are two pics, on almost back to back drops...one with a cisco and the other with a nice cutt.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Those cutts are not stupid. They hang where the groceries are. If you are bonking ciscos you have a good shot at bagging cutts too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Got 'er done.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Here is the completed "Cisco Slut"[/#0000ff]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=13960;]

[#0000ff]I ask ya, what hot-blooded he-cisco could resist that babe?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040][size 3]Looks pretty dang slutty! Lets just hope the fishies like them slutty...If they're like me they must go by the old saying...The sluttier the better![Tongue][/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I thought the first ones you posted looked good but this last one would have been a hot ticket yesterday, all the cisco I gutted were males.
[signature]
Curt Nice rock!looks bigger than the one I caught at Utah lake.Thing about rocks,is they don't seem to fight very hard,kind of like dragging up a...well rock
[signature]