Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniels 1-14-06
Thanks guys for your pointers on Daniels. I took the whole famdamily there today. there were 9 of us and we had a blast. It seemed like at least one of us had a fish on the entire day. All were under 20" but very close on some of them. Big Fat Healthy Bows they were!
White was the best color. We had an Officer stop by to make sure that we were all legal. It's nice to see them checking and looking for bait users or barbed hookers.
The wind blew most of the day but it didn't blow too hard for us to have fun. Ice is almost 12" now with the edges getting a little soft in the afternoon. About 1" to 2" of snow on the ice made walking easy. A great day with the family on my son's birthday.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I like how the F&G patrols Daniels regularly. Those that choose to break the rules won't get away with it for long.
[signature]
Took my 2 sons back again today and they kicked my but. Both iced over 20 fish. I did get the biggest though at just under 21" We iced 5 that were about that size.
When we were there on Saturday, my daughter in law left her license in the truck. When the CO asker her for her license she didn't want to walk all the way back to the truck, so she said that she wasn't fishing. He replied that he observer her icing a fish over an hour earlier and she had to go get the license. They do watch very closely up there. It will help keep Daniels a great place to fish for many years to come.
[signature]
That is so good to hear. It makes it hard on you guys that do uphold the law. Keep up the good work.
[signature]
Sounds like they (C.O.'s)watch it better in the winter then in the summer.
[signature]
I talked to some fishermen from Malad today and they said there was 18" of new snow there from this last storm. They said the access from the road down to the ice had not been plowed out so people were hooking their sleds behind their 4 wheelers on the road and pulling them through the snow down to the lake. If you are on foot you might have a hike. Acey
[signature]
My son wanted to go back today [1 21] but I told him that there was a lot of new snow and he decided to hit East Canyon instead. Thanks for the information. The roads may be passable by next weekend. We will watch for reports before we go back.
[signature]