Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st TRIP FOR '06.....FRIENDS NEW RIDE
WELL AFTER MONTHS OF CONVINCING I FINALLY GOT MY BEST FRIEND DINO TO GET HIS TUBE (ODC 420 OF COURSE) THE THING IS IT TOOK AN ADDITIONAL 3 WEEKS TO GET HIM IN IT! WELL NEEDLESS TO SAY HE'S WISHING HE HAD DONE IT SOONER.
WE LAUNCHED UNDER VERY FOGGING CONDITIONS IN LONG BEACH HARBOUR WITH 2 OTHER FRIENDS (IVAN & RYAN). WE KNEW THE FISHING MIGHT BE SLOW AND SURE ENOUGH IT WAS, BUT WHAT THE HELL IT'S BETTER THAN BEING AT WORK[cool].

ATFISHING - 1 HALIBUT (18") 2 MACKEREL
DINO - 2 MACKEREL
IVAN - 2 MACKEREL, 2 SMELT
RYAN - 1 MACKEREL, 3 SMELT

FOGGY START AT CHERRY BEACH, LONG BEACH CA
[inline "FOGGY MORNING.jpg"]

IVAN AND RYAN GETTING READY
[inline "IVAN & RYAN GETTING READY.jpg"]

DINO AND HIS NEW RIDE "WISH I HAD DONE THIS SOONER"
[inline "DINO GETTING READY.jpg"]

ODC FLEET READY TO LAUNCH........ROD HOLDERS PROVIDE BY ATFISHING INC.[Wink]
[inline "READY TO LAUNCH.jpg"]

GETTING THE HANG OF IT......."YOU SURE THERE'S NO SHARKS IN HERE?"
[inline "DINO FLOATING ABOUT.jpg"]

THE FLEET
[inline "THE FLEET.jpg"]

TIGHT LINES
[signature]
Any trip fishing is better than working. Nice job converting another to the clan of the tube. Any chance of getting some pic of your friends rod rack? Congrats on the first trip of 2006. Hope it is only one of many.

Kevin
[signature]
Way to go neighbor. It looks like you still had a good time. Did you guys launch out of Cabrillo Beach?? That's on of my favorite spots for doormats.[cool]
[signature]
AT,

[cool]Glad you got out on the water. You'll have these frozen country tubers envious of you.

Nice looking ODC's. They all like just like mine.[Wink]

Were you able to decipher my instructions for posting pictures inline?

zonker
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Waytago, Bro. Glad you could get your buddy properly launched. I predict that it won't be as difficult the next time.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]As I write this, it is 4:15 AM in Salt Lake. There is several inches of snow still on the ground, with more coming this evening. The temperature (outside) is in the mid 20's, with a wind chill factor in the mid teens.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Just about right for a dedicated tubaholic, right? Actually, I just finished putting together my new Eagle Fishmark 320 sonar and I feel the need for some R & D on the water. I will probably wait until the temp gets up to about freezing, this afternoon, and run down to Utah Lake (still open) and make my first 2006 launch.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I rigged the sonar to work both on the tube and as an ice fishing rig too. A clever rig if I do say so my own self. I will be using it on the ice next Friday. Of course I'll be taking lots of pics and posting them. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Well, looks like 2006 is gonna be a tuber's year. Yeeeeee Hawwwww![/#0000ff]
[signature]
TUBEN2: WE WERE THINKING ABOUT CABRILLO BUT DECIDED ON CHERRY......EASIER TO GET TO FROM MY PLACE.

ZONKER: I FIGURED IT OUT, BUT WHY ARE THE PICS SO BIG? HELP!

AT
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]If you are going to put pics in the body of the post, the maximum size is 400 pixels wide. Don't downsize your originals. Make copies and then downsize the copies to post. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Let me know if you need some help and I will edit them for you.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
TD - THANKS FOR THE TIP GOT THE HANG OF IT NOW.

KEVINKAY- THE ROD HOLDER DINO HAS IS MY FIRST CREATION WHICH I HANDED DOWN TO HIM. I DID A POST ON BOTH MY NEW HOLDER AND THIS ONE A WHILE BACK.
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=220785;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=220785;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread[/url]

MY 1ST CREATION ROD HOLDER ORIGINALLY MADE TO FIT A TROUT UNLIMITED TOGIAK
[inline "ODC 42006 REDUCED.jpg"]
[signature]
Arrgh! I cleared my cache and didn't log in again. I hate it when that happens.

zonker
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]They say that the memory is the second thing to go. I can't remember what the first one is.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Was that a Blonde moment.........Senior Moment or ...........Huh??[crazy]
[signature]
Just plain stupidity.

z~
[signature]
weez jus joshin uncle Z[Smile]. I'm already too blonde to know what a blonde moment iz.[pirate]
[signature]
Hey! easy on the Blonde.....what were you talking about?
[signature]
[cool]Hmm. "Uncle Z." Now that I'm an honorary member of the tube family (black sheep status) I think I kinda like that. "Our senile Uncle Z."

FG, they're just razzing me for my brain hiccup.

z~
[signature]
Sometimes we get these "Blonde Moments, Senior Moments, Brain Farts, Brain Hiccups" stuff that makes us forget to log in once in awhile after dumping our cookies.[pirate]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Here's a few "young blonde" pics of T2 as a youngster...and a young angler.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]His older sister (Kim) was a little blondie too. However she now makes the claim that she is a "recovering blonde".[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Boy those blonde genes run deep in the family don't they?

TubN2, guess we should call you "Carpslayer."

z~
[signature]
Lol. He ain't a chip of the old block, he's a ship out the old dock. Like father like son. A relationship God wanted all sons and dads to have - if you ask me.[Wink]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Yeah, T2 and his older brother Mike really laid waste to the carpinskis at Willard Bay Reservoir. You will be pleased to know that they were not just killed and wasted. They were donated to a group of immigrants who prized carp as food fish. We were happy to provide them, and they were happy to receive the. All good.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The blonde genes DO INDEED run deep in our fambly. Here is my first fishing picture, holding a couple of Idaho trout when I was just about 4 years old. (check the Speedo) [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I was told that I caught them, but I don't remember it. Of course, there's a lot I don't remember...I think.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=14063;]
[signature]