Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum 01-11-2003
There were a handful of folks fishin' at Hyrum this morning. Looks a little thin around the edge, but they made it across. If I find out how any of them did I'll let you know.

[Image: hyrumice.jpg]
[signature]
Nice pic Rip, Were you out fishing or just takeing some pics?
[signature]
Didn't wet a hook. I saw all the vehicles parked over at the swim beach entrance gate so I just walked over from my house to see where they were punchin' their holes. I took the camera with me.
[signature]
Didn't get a chance to talk to any of 'em so I can't say how they did.
[signature]
[#0006b6]Thats a nice pic. The third one from the end I think is me. With a tree branch, me and my brother were able to make it across the 1-2 feet of soft ice, and it was sure worth it. We caught many rainbows, 2 very large bluegill, and a 16" largemouth bass. It was pretty much non stop action. Almost anything tipped with a meal worm or wax worm worked.[/#0006b6]

[#0006b6][/#0006b6]

[#0006b6]Jacob[/#0006b6]
[signature]
No Perch hu? What size were the 'Bows runnin'? I've never seen, let alone caught a 'Gill out of Hyrum, but I've talked to people that have and they've all said the same thing, "They're BIG".
[signature]
The bluegill were some of the biggest I have caught. I was surprised as heck when I pulled the first one out, and then about an hour later, my brother caught another one. They were probably 8-9 inches long, and very fat. No perch at all, and that really surprised me also. The rainbows went from around 10 -13 inches being the norm to one that was easily 18" long. All fish seemed very healthy and well fed.

Jacob
[signature]
The blue gills must be a new trend of sorts. I’ve fished Hyrum for fifteen years or so and never seen one until last summer when we picked up a big fat one trolling with lead line with needlefish. I thought it was a fluke.
[signature]