Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon Report 1-20
Had the chance to fish East Canyon today with P4L, JedBurton, and Ironworker. We fished the south end of the lake near Taylor Hollow. Myself and P4L left a little early due to other obligations, so I hope JB or IW will chime in and let us know how they did. The fishing was pretty slow this AM. We eached iced a few and that was about it. They were spooky today and only wanted a dead stick. Couldn't find one particular lure/color that they wanted, so we swithced a lot. Fished in several depths as well. It was a beautiful morning with no wind. Ice was about 8 inches with some slush on top. The edges were a little soft as well. Nice to fish with all of you guys this AM. The fish we caught were all about 12-13 inches. Nice day with good company.
[signature]
it was an awesome day of fishing with new people from bft.board.
Jed and myself stayed until 1:30 when the fishing slowed down.
after p4L and theekillerbee left, jed started to school me on how to catch the bows. he caught 4 as fast as he could rebait. i managed to catch 7 total, jed caught 13 or 14.
all were nice fat bows.
hope to get hooked up again with you guys, it was a wonderful day of sun and fun.
[signature]
yea sorry guys but before you guys even got to the truck I had 4 on the ice. It got pretty fast and furious there for a minute and then slowed down again around 1:00. They seemed to be really finicky on the bottom, but when they were up in the water column (about 6 feet under the ice) they were more eager to hit. They were pretty tight lipped today though. I had to finally dounsize to about a 1/42 oz glow head with no plastic and just a wax worm. I guess the slow fall was the trick although there were times violent jigging would at least get a school to come around and then it had to be a dead stick after that,
jed
[signature]
That's just my luck! Leave when the fishin' is getting good! Glad you guys could get into a few more before you had to leave.
[signature]
We fished over by the State Park Sat. 1-21. Fished North of the ramp, in about 20' of water. We were the second group on the ice at day light. The bite was hot early, and dropped off very fast by 9:00am. We iced about 20 fish, some very small and some about 17". Ice was solid at 6" with about 4" on snow on top. Started to slush a little as we were leaving at 2:00pm. The bigger fish had old soars but were very fat. The bite was very light and if you started to jig while they were looking, you would scare them away.
[signature]