Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek, busted Ski's and Beer
I had to work today so we stayed close to home. Fished the afternoon bite at Lost Creek, with my buddy Dan, his cousin Steve and Dan's daughter Sid. Started very slow at 1 PM. Tried them on wax, meal and real worms, no luck. Dan, always ready to jump to the goo was the first to lay it down. Silly fly fishermen, take them out on the ice and they are all about the goo rodding. Here's a picture of Sid with the first fish of the day. She caught it by the way. Notice the gay Steelers Hat worn by her dad, she was ashamed.

[inline "Number 1.jpg"]

It went on like this for a while, catching fish on the goo. They wouldn't hit anything else, just goo. I joined in on the goo parade and caught about a dozen or so, I wasn't counting since I was drinking beer and playing drag the IFG around the ice with Sid. She took time out from throwing snowballs at me to catch this one.

[inline "number 2.jpg"]

This went on this way until 4 when we had to leave because Dan had some stupid Steelers show he had to watch before Sunday. Sid got one more and we left. Not before IFG had to catch her at the bottom of the hill game. I don't have grandkids yet and don't want any. Am I that old? Maybe having grandkids won't be so bad. Here is the biggest of the day.

[inline number3.jpg]

We got maybe 20 or so between the 4 of us in 3 hours of fishing. We tried to run out to the sunken island but the ice was way thin once we passed the last point on the right out of the boat ramp. When we hit the point we drilled a hole and it was MAYBE 4". We ran back into the cove and fished the the second point to the right off the ramp. Ice in the cove was 10". I hate this weather. Get cold now so I can fish right and proper.

And the broken ski thing. I was trying to load the sled on the trailer when my right ski caught the bottom of the trailer. I was in free filight for a bit, then I was not. You see, it's not the fall that hurts you, it's the sudden stop at the end.

IFG

With one very sore left hand.
IFG, great post and thanks for the pics! Love the Lost Creek action. Grandparenting isn't too bad...you are weak, they are strong! I'm 43, full of P & G and being Grandpa is way cool! My new daughter-in-law doesn't quite get it when I give my 1 yr. old granddaughter fishin and huntin stuff for Christmas!

Happy FishinG! BH40
[signature]
Silly IFG! You should know better than to mix the hooch with driving your sled! Nice pics though. How is the new camera treating you?
[signature]
The new camera rocks. And I didn't drink that much before I was trying to load the sled. Sometimes bad things happen, oh well. Now I get to buy new skis, and a wire feed MIG welder. I should have had the trailer fixed before.
Did you know the Chinese symbol for opportunity is a mix of danger and luck? I think it also means the IFG is dumm a$$. What do I know, I can't read Chinese.

IFG
I here the best thing to do with that left hand is to put it on ice . But a cold brew can help out too . I been looking for a way to get a welder myself . You have giving me a idea .
[signature]
Damn silly putty dunker!! Well as long as ya didnt spill the beer its all good...

I had my owen situation yesterday while reloading the sled.. Some little SOB thought he was being a cutie pie by undoing my sled trailer from the pickup (my fault for not locking it on the ball) and I about turned my trailer into a tilt top as I went to fly up the ramp.. Yeah I was a tad pissed and everyone in the parking lot probably learned a few choice words they might not have heard before..

But my 5 year old G-son had a ball playing on the cap with the Cuts and riding on the sled with old g-pa and thats what really counts.. Btw,,No,, he was already toasty warm and in his car seat before the re-trailering ordeal...
[signature]
That is one gay lookin Steelers hat,although the ugly mug underneath that hat fits the gay bill also,tell Dan thats what Silva said.I must say I'm always a fan of whoever the Broncos are playing.Gotta root for somebody since my Raiders stunk the place up this year.Anyway....looks like a failrly decent day on the ice.The size of those Lostcreek fish might be growing a bit.
[signature]