Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XMAN hits the Bear........
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]Bear Lake - 1-11-03[/size][/font][/center] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Xman and I hit the Bear on Saturday and We had a pretty good day but it didn't start out that way. When I went out at 5:30 AM to hook the boat up, I saw that I had a flat tire on the truck! So there I was, in freezing weather at 5:30 am, changing a tire when Xman showed up. He helped me get the tire changed and we took off for Bear Lake about a half hour later than planned. [/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We launched with no problems but when I fired the sonar up, it had no power! I climbed under the console and the power wire had broke off at the crimp connector. Luckily I had a phillips screw driver attachment on my Gerber multi-tool and stripped the insulation on the wire and wrapped it around the screw and tightened it down. The sonar powered up.[/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]WE talked to Crestliner when we got out there and they had done pretty good first thing in the morning but I'll let him give his report. For a Saturday there were not many boats out but most boats that we talked to were doing ok. There were a few boats stacked up on the rock pile but I don't know how they were doing.[/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We fished all day. Xman got his wish to catch a mack and hooked up on an 11 lber. He found out that macks do indeed put up a fight and had a good time landing the hard pulling mack. Not bad for his first mack.[/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We caught several fish through out the day but it seemed like we lost more than we caught and a few seemed to be pretty good fish. Oh well, that's fishing! Here are a few of the fish Xman caught.[/size][/font][/left] [left]

[/left] [center][image]http://home.attbi.com/~bearlakemack/BL_1.jpg[/image][/center] [center]

[/center] [center][image]http://home.attbi.com/~bearlakemack/BL_2.jpg[/image][/center] [center]

[/center] [center][image]http://home.attbi.com/~bearlakemack/BL_3.jpg[/image][/center] [center]

[/center] [center][image]http://home.attbi.com/~bearlakemack/BL_4.jpg[/image][/center] [center]

[/center]
[signature]
Congrats on a great outing. Did you have to go and take Xman out? Before you know it, Enich will also own the catch and release record for lake trout (and perhaps cutthroat) to go with the three records that he currently owns. Just kidding -- I'm just jealous about all of his success.
[signature]
LOL @ Kent, but I agree with him[Wink][blush]

Congrats on a great day of fishing Xman and BLM. Awesome pics!
[signature]
Congrats X-man! And once again thanks BLM. Many of us may not realize the debt of gratitude owed to BLM. Not only does he post his fishing reports regularly, but his included pics are excellent. But the real tribute to the man is his willingness to share with others. You may not realize, but he has fished with more people from this site than I can remember. What a great guy. I hope we all realize and appreciate his participation here, and hope we dont over whelm him with requests for a trip. Thanks BLM for being the man you are.
[signature]
I am so jealous !! Nice pics , sounds like you guys had a blast . Way to go BLM & XMAN !!
[signature]
i have to personally thank bear lake for taking me. he is way fun to fish with and probably the best laker guide this side of the mississippi. seriously though if it wanst for him i wouldnt have caught anything. i was simply the guy holding the pole. it was alot of fun that day and better than i expected. i have always heard that lakers do not fight real well but these did and were quite difficult to land once they get some weight on them. couldnt have asked for a better day fishing 30 degrees or so no wind and a bit of sunshine here and there. top it off with one of the funnest guys to fish with and a fish biting here and there and that is a day for me to remember. thanks again blm.
[signature]
Sounds like a great day on the Bear,way to go BLM and Xman. Predator is right, we are lucky to have a great sportsman like BLM on this site. He not only is willing to share his information but he has also been willing to take many of us and show us how to catch them. He and many more are the reason this site does so well, people here share their information and are willing to take others and show them. Lets keep it up and make this the best BFT year ever. WH2
[signature]