Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newton 1/11
Went to newton Sat. afternoon 2:30 - dark, and found plenty of small perch everywhere we drilled but wanted gills and crappie but couldn't find them yet. Ice was a good 4.5+ in the uplake areas now so no worries any more.
[signature]
Hey, I have never ever caught anything from Newton in either hard or just cold water. We usually have a great time when it warms up; the kids love it because you never know what is going to be reeled in next. Let me know what you are doing or better yet let me know the next time you get the cabin fever itch to go over there.
[signature]
You're neveronsunday and I could be onlyonsaturday. It's tough getting out on other days. However, I'll try to let you know the next time I'm headed there. I'm headed Bear Lake way next week on Monday and then to pineview with my kids after that. Hopefully a few more times before the ice thaws. Keep tryin its a great place to catch fish and let me know if you need some help "breakin the ice" so-to-speak.
[signature]
You going up after cisco fishnate?
[signature]
Hey Predator, yeah I'm hoping the weather cooperates this year so I can get some cisco off the beach. Too bad theres no ice I had a blast two years ago jigging them like perch only in four ft of water. Are you planning a trip too? Let me know. I think if the weather is rotten I may switch to porcupine.
[signature]