Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek report 1/28/06
Took the family up to Lost Creek today. Fishing was fair, on and off. We ended up catching around 25 -30. Mostly all 10" cutts. We did get two that were in the 12"-13" range. Best jig was a rat finkie and ratso. Caught them on tubes and criketts as well. Ice was around 7"-8" with a little frozen slush on top. Parking was ok, but if your bringing a trailer you better be there early (you won't be able to turn around). Not too many people and everyone was spread out. The dam is passable, but I did hear from some guys that there were some people stuck back in by the ramp. Saw somw sleds geading orund the sand bar going to the back. I didn't check the thickness in the middle, but I heard it froze last so it's probably thinner. Sure is nice that the water level is up. No where near the pain in the but to hike out as 2 years ago!
[signature]
Thanks for the report Travis, how far is the water down from the spillway?
[signature]
Curt, I would guess its about 30' from the spillway. For another refeerence, the island is under water, and the end of the sand bar is gone as well. You can see where the sand bar starts, but it doesn't continue out very far.

I would say the resivoir is at around 80-90% capacity. The walk down isn't bad at all.
[signature]
Travis how was the road up to the top of the dam? will a car make it? im thinking of hitting lost creek sometime this week.
[signature]
Jason, I did see some cars up there but the roads were snow packed. If you have good tread on a front wheel drive I think you could make it. I made it about half way up the dam in 2- wheel drive. When we left about 12:30 there were some bare spots starting to show up on the road. I guess it would depend mostly on if you went right after a storm or if you gave it a couple days for the plows and sun to help out. I may be going again on saturday morning.
[signature]