Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Report 2-3
Had a chance for a morning run to the rock today. This was my first trip up this year, so I figured what the heck. We fished at the last restroom turnoff on the south side. Between the 3 of us we caught 5 perch and 3 bows. Sure wasn't very fast, but we were doing better than most people. I had a lot of fish just drive by without hitting. I've not seen this many fish look without taking in a long time. I tried a buch of different lures/baits/scents, and nothing seemed to be working any better than anything else. I did manage one nice bow, the other bow I caught was a puny little dink. The ice is a good 10-12 inches thick, however the edges are quite soft. Someone brought a plank down, which was nice for getting off the ice. There is a small section of open water in the middle, but I don't think it is a problem. If it stays warm it will be trouble soon. Not the best day on the water, but heck, it beats work.
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, bee. If you head back out there this year again, try over towards the inlet more. I think things are about a month ahead this year out there compared with last year, which would mean that they are congregating more over there in preparation for their early Spring spawn. A few of us that went that way late last Feb and into March slayed 'em, and like I said above I think Rockport is about a month ahead of schedule compared with last year. I don't know if I'm going to make it back out there this year.
[signature]
THANKS FOR THE REPORT BEE. REPORTS FROM THE ROCK HAVENT BEEN THAT GREAT THIS YEAR.
[signature]
She's definitely off the mark this year...but heck, at least I could sneak out and fish! Sure beats work!
[signature]