Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey 2/11/06
I got talked into going to Causey instead of the Berry yesterday. Very, Very slow. We started in the middle arm and fished all the way out to the dam. Only caught a few very small splake and not any sign of kokes. The top layer of slush had frozen, but if temps warm up even a little, watch out. Jake
[signature]
I fished causey this morning from 6:30-11:30 and I will agree it was slow. I had two fish on but lost them both. Didn't mark very many and none the last hour.

I seen 4 moose today while I was up there, two on the ice that walked down the dam and hung aroud for a while then kept walking back into the middle arm, 1 up on the hill by the cliffs and another hanging out along the South Fork River bank. I took a pic of the two on the ice, I didn't dare get any closer.
[signature]
FINALLY, got out of the house for my first ice fishing trip of the season. We tried Causey too and only caught a bunch of little splake about 3"-6". But we had a blast playing with the new toys. A new Harbor Freight underwater camera, what a blast! Also set up an open-country camo blind that worked great as a fish shack. I'm sure we would have caught more dinks if we were'nt watching fish on the screen. When we caught the first one we saw it hit on the screen and thought they were good sized. Wrong! There were quite a few down there. I can't wait to see what a 20" cutt looks like at the berry on that little screen. We saw the moose too, that was kinda strange seeing them out on the ice like that.
[signature]
Where you the guys in the boy scout arm or the ones that walked towards the middle arm?

I got a little paranoid when I seen them walk down to the ice, they kept looking at me and I thought they where going to come over and have their way with me.
[signature]
We were in the boy scout arm, far from the moose.
[signature]
[cool]Cool pic, Mike! I didn't get up to Causey this ice season, but other than missing out on gorgeous scenery, I'm not that sorry that I didn't get up there. The fishing sure isn't that exciting catching a few 4-6 inch splake all day and hoping you get into a few 12 inch koke's isn't that exciting to me. I've heard that there's some big browns in there, but I haven't seen one picture of one caught from there. Maybe someday those splake will start to grow...
[signature]