Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport!!!
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]Hit Rockport with a buddy yesterday. We were out by the dam in about 30 ft of water. Marked tons of fish on the finder between 25-30 ft. Only problem was getting them to bite. It royally sucked!!! was there from 12 to about 4...didn't get a single bite. Talked to a guy on the way out, and he said that he was marking alot of fish on the finder. He also said that he saw fish on his aqua view also, but they just wouldn't bite. First time ever seeing the skunk ice fishing, for both my friend and I.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I had the same experience as you. I went with the Bugln4Bulls to his company party at Rock Port. There where over 20 of us and only 3 fish where caught. I never even caught a fish but almost got a couple bites. We fished from 7:30-1:00. Stoped off at echo on the way home and caught 1 rainbow, at least I got the skunk off me.
[signature]
Hi MGB,

were you fishing by the dam as well? and how thick is the ice? I'd like to know if I need to take my power auger!

HCD
[signature]
If you walked down the boat ramp and walked to your left a hundred yards right by the rocky point is where I fished. I would try a different area if I was you. I never did measure the ice but it seemed to be at least 8" thick.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]HCD,[/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]Taking your power auger would be a wise decision my friend. I really didn't measure the ice, but it was more than 8" for sure out by the dam.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Ok. Thanks guys for the response. I have some family up from Calif and thought about taking them out wed or thurs.
[signature]
If you don't mind catching trout try fishing the southern end of the reservoir. I've been down there a few times this winter and done Ok, but better than alot of other people it sounds like. I fished out in the middle in 20' of water towards the southern end. All of the fish I have caught this year have been fat fish between 16"-18". Was just up there on Saturday for a scout campout and iced two seventeen inchers on white crickets, but I was the only one out of a group of seven or eight to catch one. So it hasn't been real fast, but I've never gotten skunked and Always bring one home over 17".
[signature]