Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cisco Info ???
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I am not as familiar with Bear Lake as I would like to be. I have never fished for cisco and am thinking about trying it this year. I have Monday off and would like to get up there super early, net in hand and do some scooping. BUT, I have some questions.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]1. Since I don't have any waders, but I do have a 14 ft. boat, does it work to double anchor a short ways off the shore and be successful?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]2. I'm familiar with the state marina on the West side. Is that as good a place as any for cisco?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]3. If the rock pile or cisco beach is better, does anyone out there have GPS coordinates for cisco beach or the rock pile? [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]4. Is there a marina other than the one a couple miles North of Garden City that is better to launch at for cisco. And, if so, would my state parks pass work there?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]5. Last question; Is there any one out there that would want to go with me (I'm a rookie) in my boat or would let me go with them in theirs on Monday? (Remember, I don't have waders).[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Thanks friends,[/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]1. Since I don't have any waders, but I do have a 14 ft. boat, does it work to double anchor a short ways off the shore and be successful?[/size][/font][size 1] [/size]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]It works and some guys do it but it can be tough. The nets act like big paddles so your boat moves around. Go buy some cheap hip boots at Walmart.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]2. I'm familiar with the state marina on the West side. Is that as good a place as any for cisco?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The state park marina isn't a bad place to go for cisco but there is limited space that becomes crowded. The premium places are the channel coming into the marina. Hey, they don't call it Cisco Beach for nothing. Cisco beach is good if it isn't rough. The rock pile is the eastiest. Anchor up, snag your limit. (edit) If you decide to jig for cisco take your ice stick. With all the reeling up and down, you can load the eye of a rod up real fast with ice and it's hard to keep clear. Also consider bending down the barbs on your hook. It doesn't rip the cisco up so bad when removing them from the hook.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]3. If the rock pile or cisco beach is better, does anyone out there have GPS coordinates for cisco beach or the rock pile?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Don't worry about that. You wont be the only one there. Believe me, you can't miss it. You can mark it once you get there. (edit) Cisco Beach is on the east side. just follow the road around the lake thru Laketown. Signs lead the way. Again, you'll see the cisco fisherman and the campground. You will need your state park pass there. You don't need GPS points to get there.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]4. Is there a marina other than the one a couple miles North of Garden City that is better to launch at for cisco. And, if so, would my state parks pass work there?[font "Verdana"][size 1] [/size][/font][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You can launch off the beach at the ideal Beach Condos for a buck a person or drive down the road to the old Spinnaker Marina. Drive down the ramp and launch from the beach for free. You'll see trucks down there if you're not the first one.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]5. Last question; Is there any one out there that would want to go with me (I'm a rookie) in my boat or would let me go with them in theirs on Monday? (Remember, I don't have waders).[/size][/font][size 1] [/size]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Sorry, Coot, I got to work on Monday. We get that and other holidays for a Christmas shutdown. Good Luck![/size][/font]
[signature]