Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 3/4/06
Decided to try Rockport on last time before ice off. Unfortunately I slept in and didn't get to the ice until 9. I fished the south end, parking at the last restrooms on the west side and fished out from the cliffs. The edges are getting scary and a plank was necessary, but the ice in the middle is still 8"+. I did see I guy on a 4-wheeler on the ice. The fishing was fair for good sized perch, I ended up with 13. A group of 4 guys that had gotten there early did much better and almost took a limit. One of them also caught a nice 17"+ rainbow, it was a beautiful fish. If the edges hold up I might try again this wednesday.
[signature]
Thanks for the report and welcome to the site. We haven't seen many reports from Rockport lately. How big were the "good sized perch"? WH2
[signature]
Wiperhunter2,

Sorry it has taken so long to reply. The perch were mostly 8"-9" with a couple over 10" and a few dinks. They were tasty and I think I will use the dinks as kitty food. I am heading out this afternoon, but I am not sure where yet. I will post up how I do tonight. Tugboat
[signature]