Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek
Fished Lost Creek Reservoir for a couple hours this PM with two of my grandsons. If we don't get some serious snow soon, they may need to change the name to Lost Reservoir! I openned the gate and drove up and parked on the dam. I actually drove across the dam, and when the Suburban started sinking in the snow I decided it was time to turn around. Unless we get more snow, one can drive to the gate, and probably also to the dam, with just good snow tires.

There were two young men who ran over and hand drilled our ice holes for us, which was extremely kind of them.

The fishing was red hot for small rainbows. A glow jig tipped with a couple Pautze salmon eggs fished just off of the bottom was what we used.
[signature]

[Smile] SWEET!!!
Glad to see you and the kids had a good time!!
Any size to the fish you caught
[signature]
The fish all came in size small. The smallest I saw caught up there was about 5 inches long, and the largest was about 13 inches. Most were about 10 inches, all fat and healthy rainbows, and they were steady action for my young grandchildren.
[signature]
Hi Kent, Sounds great... So once you got your Suburban parked, was it much of a hike/walk to the ice? I want to take some of my grandkids ice fishing too, and I was thinking about Pineview, but all the reports have been indicating slow going there. All the reports on Lost Creek have been good. One of my very first Ice Fishing trips years and years ago, when my kids were young was to Lost Creek. I remember one of my kids catching a fish with a jig that wasn't even tipped with bait. Perhaps Lost Creek is the place to go. Thanks for your report.
[signature]
Distance wise the walk isn't too far; however, it is plenty steep down the side of the mountain to the water. My grandkids made it fine, only fell a couple times. BTW - forget trying to drag an ice fishing shelter down to the lake (unless you are going to take the long way around -- across the dam with a four wheeler or a snowmobile).
[signature]