Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another great day at Fishlake
fishlake is really going off right now got there about 8:00 went to the south east side again.. about 75 yards off shore in 103' of water.. and the trout and splake wore all over the place.. the trout wore down about 5' to 15' down the splake wore about 15' to 35' down.. and again the white tube jig with perch was the tickit.. we caught about 25 trout and about 37 splake 3 splake over 3lbs and 2 over 5lbs just a great day on the ice..[sly]

the fuzzyfisher
[signature]
How far into the southeast side? Near the lava flow above the east shore? We are going on Tues. and may hit Mill Meadow, Forsyth, and Otter Creek. How thick is the ice at Fish Lake? The lodge people said 10-12 in. Any more info?
[signature]

FF
sounds fun !!
Were are all the Macks this year? I am not hearing any stories this year on them.
[signature]
I made it to Fish Lake for my first time ever and had a great day of ice fishing. It was quite a long drive but well worth it. I pulled off at the first parking place and went out into about 30 feet of water. I caught all the perch I wanted and also caught splake and rainbows. All my fish came on an orange glow rat finkee tipped w/wax worms. I had the rat finkee as a dropper from a bigger jig tipped w/perch meat but only caught one fish on the larger jig. The fishing slowed a little for me so I decided to walk to the other side of the lake and see how the fishing was. The distance was deceptive and I was pretty tired once I got to the other side. The bad part was I didn't have any luck at all. Should have just stayed where I was. At least I got a good work out. I don't have a fishfinder so I had no idea what depth to be fishing at on the other side of the lake. Where I first started I caught all my fish on the bottom. Anyway, it was a great day of fishing and I hope to make it down there again.

Hoosier
[signature]