Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Conditions Report - FRI 3/17
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Bear Lake is almost all open water. However, there may still be some chunks of ice floating around so be careful when motoring from one spot to another to avoid damage your motor and/or boat. The Cisco Beach ramp is open and available for launching at this time. The State Park has re-installed the courtesy dock at this location. The Utah State Park marina is still frozen and boats cannot be launched at this location. I spoke with the Utah State Park about turning on the deicers in the marina, and there is a problem (Utah Power & Light Co. line problem) with no power being available to operate the outermost deicers. The deicers closest to the boat ramp are functioning, but they are having a difficult time opening up the water since the temperatures have been very cold for the last couple of weeks. It will likely be a few more weeks before the marina thaws depending on the weather. We have received no reports of fishing on the lake this past week, however, the fishing should be good for cutthroat trout either jigging or trolling at depths of 30-60 feet along the entire east side of the lake. Try vertical jigging with tube jigs tipped with cisco or trolling either flat lines or downriggers with rapalas or spoons. The water level in the lake is up almost 1 foot since last fall and is currently at 5908.9'. With spring runoff right around the corner and snowpack at over 126% in the Bear River drainage the water levels should rise enough that both the 1st Point and Rainbow Cove ramps will likely be useable this year. The Spinnaker Marina (just S. of Gus Rich Point) will probably still be dewatered though. [/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks for the update. Kind of a good news bad news thing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Lots of guys are gonna be unhappy about the bubbler situation. How many 12 volt batteries would we have to hook up in unison to get those pumps runnin'?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
sounds like we need to get some guys with chainsaws or BLM's ice saw and go cut a channel. Ha ha. I'll just stick to the smaller ramps for now. If we ever get our spring weather anyway!
[signature]
Thanks for the good news.
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] I can't wait to get the boat out and go up there again. I have never fished Bear Lake in the early season, sure want to try it.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Good report scott. I drove around the lake yesterday the 20th. the marina is open about 15-20 feet in on the mouth. To bad about the bubblers this would sure help. I drove down on the 1st point boat ramp and it looks to me you could launch a pretty fair sized boat there also. (and stay on the ramp without dropping off)

Bodine
[signature]