Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEAR LAKE UPDATE - FRI 3/24/06
[size 1][font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Fishing Report and Conditions at Bear Lake[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Friday, March 24, 2006[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Bear Lake is about 95% open water at this time and no fishable ice remains on the lake. Boats can be launched off the east side of the lake at Cisco Beach. The Utah State Park has reinstalled the courtesy dock at this location and all sizes of boats can be launched there. The Utah State Park marina is still frozen, however, the deicers are running and beginning to make some headway with the ice. With warmer temperatures expected this weekend, launching may be possible sometime next week. While boating on the lake be on the look out for chunks of floating ice and other debris. With lake levels increasing and inundating shoreline areas, some docks/rafts that have floated free from shore and are out on the lake. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Fishing should be good for cutthroat trout both trolling and jigging. Try off the east side in the area between the scout camp and South Eden. Also try Rainbow Cove. Experiment with different trolling speeds and lures until you find one that is producing action. Good lures to try at this time of year include spoons and black or gold Rapalas. When jigging use tube or marabou jigs tipped with cisco and fished right on the bottom. Spring shore fisherman have good luck at Bear Lake casting spoons either off the Utah State Park marina or off Cisco Beach. In both of these areas you can easily cast out to deeper depths and work the lure back in close to the bottom. Trolling off the Utah State Park marina northward to Swan Creek is also very popular in the spring. With the new rockpiles just north of the marina this may be a location that really produces some good fishing this spring.[/size][/black][/font][/size]
[signature]
Thanks for the update Scott, I was hoping you would be saying the ice was gone fron the State parks marina but I'm sure you are right about it being gone soon.
[signature]
Just catching up on weedend msg's.

I drove past the State Marina about 6:00pm Saturday. The bubblers are doing a great job of opening up the ice. After the warm weekend and the big winds yesterday I wouldn't be surprised if the Marina is open today. However, it was 7* when I checked about 7:30 this morning so I'd wait to hear from BLFG before coming up.
[signature]
Thanks for the update JoyRide, I'm looking forward to getting out there soon. [Smile]
[signature]