Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring and Summer Fishing
I've been getting a ton of e-mails and calls about the up coming spring and summer. With out question the number one question is; "When is the best time?". One simple answer, ANYTIME you can get on the water from april through August is a GREAT time to fish in Venice. However, we usually peak May through July. If your looking for a trophy fish we can get even more specific. The full moon periods of April, May and June are the peak for the BIGGEST fish. Last year I had fish over 8pounds come into my boat in March, April, May, July and August. August was kind of a surprise as the fish are usually very skinny that late in the year. June was the only month that did not produce a 8+pound fish, however a customer of mine did win the STAR that month with a 7-10.( the only guide to have a customer win the trout division!) Specificly I like the 4 days before the full moon the best, while immediatlely following the moon can be good as well. Additionly I like the new moon periods. Not as many of the females wIll be spawning during this period, but many of them do.
The beauty of Venice is that our fish "average" much larger than other areas. We catch many 5+ pound fish on a daily basis. I would not be afraid to say that last year my customers caught around 1000 fish from 4-6 pounds. I believe that our fish benefit from all the nutrients of the river and thus grow much faster. Its just like the trophy bucks of the upper delta region. They grow faster and bigger! Typicaly we do not catch as many fish on a Trophy charter because we are looking for a very specific fish. With this being said,if you dont know how commited you are to catching a trophy fish, dont be afraid to schedule a regular charter. We catch big fish on those too!!
I'm booking up very quickly. I've already got days booked in July! If your looking for one of those specific dates around the moons, I wouldnt wait much longer. I'm getting very thin on those available days!
As always, you'll also have the chance to experience some of the finest redfish action in the WORLD! If you want to go after them exclusively or catch a few after trout hunting, NO PROBLEM! I'm not a magician, but I will give you a REEL SHOT at the fishing trip of a lifetime!!! REEL SHOT GUIDE SERVICE 985-969-0810
[signature]
Great post! Lots of good information in there!
[signature]
Capt.,
You are realy on a roll! Great post!
[signature]