Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon update 3/31/06
Well, I went to East canyon today with a buddy to see if the ice-off has began. Sorry to say she's locked up tight. see pictures.

So we ventured up to Echo to see if we could fish there. Same story different chapter. Ice all around.

The ice at East Canyon was still pretty thick. We threw some rocks out and they just bounced. There is a little break up along the bank from the water going down but no where near fishable. It looked rough but some of the crazies could probably still ice fish it. NOT ME.
The Ice at Echo was looking worse. It looked pretty soft in a few areas and we got 2 out of 3 rocks to go through. The new ice along the edges is only about 1/2" thick.
I would think Echo will be fishable from the bank in about a week and maybe two or three for East canyon. If it gets warm!

We then continued out to willard to try for some crappie. Still no luck. While there was no ice around there didn't seem to be any fish either. We tried the private docks and then along the dike to the mouth of the N marina. There were a few other guys out there and I didn't see any fish caught. If any of you were watching the camera, I was the guy with the brown jacket and red hat out on the end of the docks.
[signature]
Thanks for the updates.
[signature]
Thanks for the update. I was thinking about a trip up to east tomorrow. Thanks for saving me the drive up[Wink]..
[signature]
All good info to know. Thanks for the update. It always seems to take while for the ice to come off the ponds.
[signature]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats not the report i wanted to hear from east i wanted to hear that its open water and that you could launch a boat.[mad]
[signature]
thats where i'm at aat this point, i wanna launch the boat and catch fish, i can launch at willard, the fishins fine but the catchin aint so good. Some of those east canyon fat trout sound fun (and smoked and tasty hehe!). Oh well few more weeks we'll see huh.[Wink]
[signature]
I also took a drive to East Canyon today,
there were a few people fishing the open water from the
banks at the South end. Still a few weeks before will be able
to put the boat on it.
[signature]
how much open water are you taking about on the south end? I didn't go down there to look. We just went to the dam and then headed out to henefer. Are the guys just fishing the small opening where the water comes in?

Thanks.
[signature]
Open water is from where the creek emptys into the lake
to the Big rock (15 foot high) on the bank.
Not a hole lot to fish but a good size area.
[signature]
Is there enough room to get two or three people room to fish from tubes? has anyone ever fished it down near the inlet from a boat or tube? just wondering what would be most effective on this lake. thanks
[signature]
I fished it last year right there at the south campground from my toon, did alright, marabu leech patterns seemed to produce the best, it may be good fishing right through there now. May have to go giver a try.
[signature]

[signature]