Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon suckdate
Fished E.C. today from my boat and marked 1 fish off the boat dock and one on the south end. There was enough water to put my 12' boat in at the ramp and troll in circles. One more week and she'll be good. The water was very muddy lakewide. It was a pain in the keester getting my boat in on the south end. Drug it down the rocks. Ouch!!! Next week i will be back weather permitting.
P.S. I got soaked and almost froze to death, but it was better than sitting home like i did the last 3 days.
[signature]
Was there a lot of water coming in the creek? Muddy water is usually a problem during high runoff. Thanks for the update...I think most of the lower level lakes will be golden in the next 10 days.
[signature]
bummer, i was hoping to head up and try it out tomarrow. Mabey i'll give it another week or so. Was any one else up there? Was the creek runnin high fast and muddy?
[signature]
There was a ton of water coming down the creek. There is also alot of debris floating around the south end.
I was the only crazy mofo on the lake today. They say i am a special "breed". lol There aren't too many people that will try to commit suicide just to catch a lousy fish. Oh well. There has to be someone out there like me that is crazy! Good luck in the next week or so, there has to be. The time is upon us.
[signature]
is the ramp accessable or did you drag your boat down the ramp? Is the ice coming off or do you think the open water is from the lake level rising?

I hope to be there in a few days.
Thanks.
[signature]
You could launch a full size boat but there is only about 2-3 acres of open water off of the boat ramp. I would guess that with this weather there will be no ice left in 2 days. Just a guess, so don't hold me to it. It is melting and rising, but extremely off color.
[signature]