Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mill hollow
has anyone heard of a small lake between heber and woodland? It is a cool little lake that gets stocked the heck out of. the fish arn't real big but there are so many. on a bad day i think i caught something like 30 fish. there are even golden trout or as some call them up there albino trout. I dont know what they really are but it is fun to catch them. does any one know if you can get up there righ now with out a snowmobile?
[signature]
Mill Hollow is a fun and pretty little lake to fish, but you must have picked all good days that you went, or just really know what your are doing, cuz I have never had that kind of day there. BTW it isn't between Heber and Woodland, it is way beyong Woodland, the other way from Heber. I wish I could answer your question about accessibility this time of year. But, I will have to leave that to someone else.
[signature]
That is a great lake and I love to camp there . I think a snowmobile would be the way to get there . I have fished it many times and had 30 + fish days . During the deer hunt I even pulled a 18" rainbow from there , but most are small . The albino is a rainbow trout . Last fall I went there all I could hook was brookies , but I was fishing black jigs and didn't want to bait fish for the bows . Flies are great there. Most of the time I only fish from shore and do just fine from shore . Great place to take the kids !! tight lines
[signature]
Hells angler, I have just one question for you. How are you going to get an 18 inch buck if you are catching 18 inch trout? [laugh] I used to make a trip up there camping with the family each year. If you hit it just after one of those psycho stockings it cna be a great place to take your kids and have them catch the little buggers.
[signature]
I was just fishin , but there where lots of hunters on the pond . I chase the easy 18 inchers .
[signature]