Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
deer creek on ice
[center]
this afternoon, after school of course, I went and fished on deer creek. the ice is about 5 to 6 inches depending on where you fish. I fished just of of the island and cuaght one pretty good sized perched that played with me for about a half hour before i could hook him. a word odvice for anyone going up after perch, dont put your rod down, they do not bite hard and it comes fast so keep that in mind.theres your report hope to see you out there.
[/center]
[signature]
Hey FB2 is the entire lake froze?
[signature]
I just heard on the Doug Miller show that the lake is frozen. Do you think there will be enough ice for the BFT dinner? WH2
[signature]
I hear there is still open patches and the only safe ice is down by the island where its plenty thick. Be careful if you head over there. Especially if we get some rain and warm temps.
[signature]
okay, here are the specs. There is still open water state park past wallsberg. I think that the dinner on ice is going to stay at strwberry. and dont target perch, they are not bitting much. I dont know what they are using for the trout but they are pulling some nice ones out. wacth out for the ice when you first get on. It is quite wet. I stepped on it and went right through about mabye 6 iches which is plenty to make you cold. luckily I was heading in so i did not really matter. the ice is slick even with my homemade ice cleets i still slid around, i usually dont slide around with them on. good luck out there and be safe.
[signature]