Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strawberry
Went to strawberry today. Fished the strawberry marina area from 9:00-2:00. The ice was 12" thick with 1 1/2" of snow on it and no slush. Had three fish on but only landed one. Everybody I talked to had not had much luck either. The fish are hitting real light I could hardly tell when I was getting a bite.
[signature]
Me too. Talked to fish and game, they were racing around on smow mobiles going from angler to angler checking liscenses. They said everybody was having an extremely slow season. Most guys getting skunked or catching just a few fish. They had only seen one fish all day that was keepable. And it was a rainbow. We moved a zillion times and found most the fish were in 25 ft depths right smack on the bottom. You had to set that jig right down on the floor, pick it up and let it fall right back to the floor. That made it real hard to detect bites. But seemed to excite the fish a bit. I couldnt believe how few people were up there. Amazing to see how quickly the, some would say "best trout fishery in the state" can be left desolate of anglers. Its probably a good thing for the fish though. Glad to see the fish and game out on the ice. Thats a first for me.
[signature]